Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Roskilde acts at Coachella (with livefeed)


Author Message
Written on: 12.04.2014 16:47
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Is anyone watching the concerts from Coachella.


There are 3 channels and currently they are running rebroadcast from yesterday, Chromeo is at channel 2 atm.

Since they have a sepuo with live instruments I´m guessing that they will get a sslot at Arena.



Carnage also had ASAP Ferg on the stage.
Written on: 12.04.2014 16:52
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Oh and a link icon_biggrin.gif


http://www.youtube.com/user/coachella
Written on: 12.04.2014 16:58
Wallu
Posts: 706
Just missed Chromeo by a minute or so. We´re they any good? Saw Anti-Flag and some of Outkast earlier today. It confirmed that Outkast is not for me. But now, Bryan Ferry!
Written on: 12.04.2014 18:12
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
I didn´t see Outkast earlier but they are on channel 1 in a few minutes.


And to kill some time there are some EDM dj at the Sahara tent on channel 3.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.04.2014 at 18:15.]
Written on: 12.04.2014 18:18
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
The Sahara tent looks fucking massive, what a beast.
Written on: 12.04.2014 18:42
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Wallu wrote:

Just missed Chromeo by a minute or so. We´re they any good? Saw Anti-Flag and some of Outkast earlier today. It confirmed that Outkast is not for me. But now, Bryan Ferry!




If you only saw B.O.B I can understand your disappointment because that was kind of bad.

I´m currently about 10-15 minutes into the concert and I think that it is way better now and its the first concert on their tour so I think the band, Big Boi and Andre 3000 is in better form when they hit Roskilde.


Edit:I understand you now Wallu, it got into a trainwreck after 40 minutes or so, Andre 3000 looked like he wanted to be somewhere else, standing with the back to the crowd, not rapping in sync with Big Boi etc.

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 12.04.2014 at 19:15.]
Written on: 12.04.2014 19:38
Wallu
Posts: 706
Bongo Anders wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Just missed Chromeo by a minute or so. We´re they any good? Saw Anti-Flag and some of Outkast earlier today. It confirmed that Outkast is not for me. But now, Bryan Ferry!




If you only saw B.O.B I can understand your disappointment because that was kind of bad.

I´m currently about 10-15 minutes into the concert and I think that it is way better now and its the first concert on their tour so I think the band, Big Boi and Andre 3000 is in better form when they hit Roskilde.


Edit:I understand you now Wallu, it got into a trainwreck after 40 minutes or so, Andre 3000 looked like he wanted to be somewhere else, standing with the back to the crowd, not rapping in sync with Big Boi etc.


Yeah, I only saw some 3 songs near the end of the concert and it´s never been my thing. Still isn´t.
Written on: 12.04.2014 20:06
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Chromeo is back on channel 2 right now!!!!!!!
Written on: 12.04.2014 20:10
Wallu
Posts: 706
Bongo Anders wrote:

Chromeo is back on channel 2 right now!!!!!!!


Yeah, just noticed that. I´ve said this before, but they´re missing so much with the lack of a live band. We all are... Poor us.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.04.2014 at 20:12.]
Written on: 12.04.2014 20:16
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
But its live`ish.

They got drums and guitars, whats not to love icon_biggrin.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.04.2014 at 20:37.]
Written on: 12.04.2014 20:24
Wallu
Posts: 706
Don´t get me wrong, I´m loving this. But they could be the biggest band in the world in their genre with these songs. Easily.
Written on: 12.04.2014 20:39
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
I can see your point but compared to other edm acts who just looks at their laptops its still more energetic.
Written on: 12.04.2014 20:43
Wallu
Posts: 706
I´ve never seen them so much as a edm act (if I even know what that means), but as kind of a disco band there used to be in the 70´s (amazing ones). Just lacking that live band.
Written on: 12.04.2014 21:00
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
Wallu wrote:

I´ve never seen them so much as a edm act (if I even know what that means), but as kind of a disco band there used to be in the 70´s (amazing ones). Just lacking that live band.

I think of them as an easygoing Daft Punk making disco. I've never listened to a lot of Daft Punk though (inb4 shouts of heresy).
So are they worth going to at Roskilde? I have them on my "Will probably see"-list.
Written on: 12.04.2014 21:06
Wallu
Posts: 706
TMaagaard wrote:

Wallu wrote:

I´ve never seen them so much as a edm act (if I even know what that means), but as kind of a disco band there used to be in the 70´s (amazing ones). Just lacking that live band.

I think of them as an easygoing Daft Punk making disco. I've never listened to a lot of Daft Punk though (inb4 shouts of heresy).
So are they worth going to at Roskilde? I have them on my "Will probably see"-list.


Yes, Daft Punk also comes to my mind. And at their best they can compete with them head-to-head. This has party written all over it, so I´ll try to catch them. Would be a must-see with that live band. Arena?
Written on: 12.04.2014 21:15
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
I´m also thinking Arena and depending on schedule I´m on.


btw EDM = Electronic Dance Music, its a word the americans has invented because they can´t hear the difference between techno, house, trance etc icon_biggrin.gif


Written on: 12.04.2014 22:21
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
Wallu wrote:

Yes, Daft Punk also comes to my mind. And at their best they can compete with them head-to-head. This has party written all over it, so I´ll try to catch them. Would be a must-see with that live band. Arena?

Well I do like a party. I just hope they won't clash with someone like Deerhunter. (C2C and AnCo last year)
Written on: 12.04.2014 22:43
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Tonights Schedule of Roskilde artists looks like this.


Future Islands 07:05 PM (03:05)
Warpaint 08:00 PM (04:00)
Sleigh Bells 10:45 PM (07:45)


Tomorrow it looks like this

Darkside 06:50 PM (02:50)


Or do like me and hope to find the sets in the rebroadcast.


Written on: 13.04.2014 11:44
Wallu
Posts: 706
Great to have this live feed, but it´s quite annoying that most of the time you don´t know who´s playing.

Ty Segall would be a great last minute addition btw.
Written on: 14.04.2014 19:14
Jackster
Posts: 61
Future Islands were awesome. They will be one of the bands that will also make a stuuning show in Roskilde. Don't miss them.
Written on: 14.04.2014 19:39
Wallu
Posts: 706
Lots of good concerts there, specially the smaller bands. Anti-Flag, Neko Case, Nas, Ty Segall, Temples, Bear Hands, Naked and Famous, J.Roddy & the Business, Fishbone and Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue all made an impression. (I didn´t have much to do this weekend...) Beck did rule, shame we didn´t get him this year.

Out of the ones we´ve got Chromeo was good, too bad I didn´t see Sleigh Bells. I guess Future Islands is not my thing after all, but everybody seems to like ´em so maybe I´ll swing by if there´s nothing else on and give them another chance.

Coachella got me in to festival mood and now I´m quite excited to go already.
Written on: 14.04.2014 20:59
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Justin Bieber joined Chance The Rapper icon_biggrin.gif


The trainwreck that was Outkast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPEiAGFMnNI#t=5201



Warpaint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn1XBpy46AE



Future Islands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0kmiveNIg



HAIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUBBbiz4OK4


ASAP Ferg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3vP5CjTJg4


Chromeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlG4QfiF7h8

[This article was edited 4 times, at last 14.04.2014 at 21:10.]
Written on: 15.04.2014 02:11
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Jackster wrote:

Future Islands were awesome. They will be one of the bands that will also make a stuuning show in Roskilde. Don't miss them.

Future Islands are definitely a must-see! Started listening to them when they got announced, and haven't quite stopped yet. Got their newest album by mail last week, and it certainly delivers too!


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…