D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

We want Megadeth for Roskilde 2010! And Iron Maiden! And Classic Hard Rock man!

Poll
Question:
More real metal (No fucking core shit or death/black (still good but I'm talking about Orange or Arena stages and it won't fill them up :) ) So here it is More real metal or hard rock?
Expires on 31. 12. 2009, 23:59
Heavy Fucking Metal!

19 of 29 replies (66%)
Hard Rock all the way baby!

10 of 29 replies (34%)

Written on: 07.10.2009 10:43
Mikkel Jensen
We want more goddamn "real" metal music we want the classic bands like Heaven & Hell (I want Black Sabbath :'( ), Iron Maiden and Megadeth since it has been a very long time if not never before since any of these bands played at Roskilde, I mean Judas Priet and Slayer played 2 years ago which was FUCKING AWESOME! and Metallica has just played 5 shows in Denmark so we don't need more of that hehe (and I love Metallica too). How many more classic metal bands could we perhaps get to play on Roskilde before it's too late I mean Pantera aren't around anymore, R.I.P. Dimebag, sadly, and speaking of rock. We can't get Pink Floyd either.. sadly aswell, Jethro Tull is playing 2 shows in Denmark like 5 months before Roskilde 2010 so we don't need more of that too, and Deep Purple just played shows here the last 2 years. And well Led Zeppelin isn't around anymore so that's out of the question aswell hehe. So my question to you is.. Is there any other real "Heavy Metal" or Hard Rock bands you could think of that we need for Roskilde 2010 GODDAMNIT?! icon_razz.gif

GETCHA PULL!!
Written on: 07.10.2009 10:49
Mikkel Jensen
By the way I voted

1: Megadeth
2: Iron Maiden
3: Heaven and Hell
4: Dimmu Borgir
5: KISS
Written on: 07.10.2009 10:53
CareBear !
seriously, go to Wacken
Written on: 07.10.2009 10:56
Mikkel Jensen
Yeah I should do that icon_smile.gif, but I just have such a hard time getting around they're website and I honestly don't trust the webpage besides usually it's a lot kinda more heavy'er metal bands like Devil Driver and such bands, which I don't like icon_razz.gif
Written on: 07.10.2009 11:15
Sigurbjörn
Word..

Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Metallica
Heaven and hell
Kiss
Megadeth

Kim Larsen icon_cool.gif
Written on: 07.10.2009 22:30
skallgrimsson
Most of all Motörhead and Megadeath!

and why not book Anvil? We have all seen the movie! (If you haven't do so!)
Written on: 08.10.2009 12:02
Deleted user Iron Maiden is my fav band of all time and Megadeth comes second. I even have Eddie tattooed on my left arm!! I've seen both band twice and they are fucking awesome live! If Roskilde don't book any of these bands any time soon, i might stop going to Roskilde!

I would also like to see Motörhead at Roskilde!!
Written on: 09.10.2009 08:22
Natasja_SC
I voted for Iron Maiden as well.
Perhaps we're lucky icon_smile.gif
Written on: 10.10.2009 13:49
MasterMaster
i voted for both MEgadeth and Iron Maiden!
Written on: 10.10.2009 14:58
Eric
Yes. I miss a big classic Metal band at Orange stage this year. Judas Priest was briliant 2008 and Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Metallica have done realy good gig at Roskilde before.

I hope that something like that will play at Orange stage next year. AC/DC would be really great. Take the chanse to book them now before it will be to late.

Here are a few really good metal/hardrock bands who would be nice to se at Roskilde 2010:
AC/DC, Motörhead, Saxon, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Dio, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, U.D.O., Doro, Twisted Sister, Overkill.
Written on: 10.10.2009 17:38
weiss
I've just waited for a topic like that!!! YEA bring OLD SCHOOL METAL!

Kiss'es new blow me away aswell as the reviewers here in DK! Sonic Boom is pure old school heavy rock and the band would fit perfect for a closing act for the orange stage!

Same goes for Megadeth which could headline friday or saturday (after the son went down of course!!)
Endgame kicks Death Magnetic ass big time eventhough I like Metallica alot

So if we are talking about upcomming album-tours I would go for Kiss, Megadeth, Rammstein and Slayer, maybe Iron Maiden, but no further date of an albumrelease has been posted from their site yet..
Written on: 11.10.2009 16:09
Blobb
Just IRON MAIDEN and I'm good for the rest of the festival icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 13.10.2009 22:36
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Here it comes.....

1: All That Remains
2: Throwdown
3: Biohazard
4: Cavalera Conspiracy
5: Airbourne
Written on: 16.10.2009 13:49
Stefan Jespersgaard
YEAH !! AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Airbourne !!!! RAWK icon_evil.gif
Written on: 19.10.2009 18:59
saanttu
It's better to keep Roskilde as rock/pop festival, not to make it heavy. I really hope that neither Maiden nor Megadeth will make it to next years Roskilde..
Written on: 19.10.2009 20:54
weiss
saanttu skrev:

It's better to keep Roskilde as rock/pop festival, not to make it heavy. I really hope that neither Maiden nor Megadeth will make it to next years Roskilde..

Why? look at the history? Some of the biggest headliners of all times has been from the hard/heavy/metal genre: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Guns n Roses, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Slayer, Rammstein, NIN, Korn. Those bands have collected hugh hugh crowds at the orange stage. Not to mention that the metal genre has got some of the most loyal fans of all times icon_smile.gif

I don't get your point? Should electronic music been banned to?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 19.10.2009 at 20:55.]
Written on: 19.10.2009 23:33
Christoffer Cukijati
Roskilde should book Nile
Written on: 24.10.2009 19:48
Stand up for rock n' roll!
give me Airbourne and Maiden and i'm happy ;D
Written on: 27.10.2009 00:12
Deleted user
Stand up for rock n' roll! skrev:

i feel the same way icon_biggrin.gif
are you going to airbourne in copenhagen?icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 28.10.2009 20:28
Stefan Jespersgaard
Lasse Porsgaard Dam skrev:

I'm gonna be there.. Can't miss another concert with them !!! icon_lol.gif
Written on: 31.10.2009 16:16
Stand up for rock n' roll!

you bet i am! my second favortite band next to AC/DC.. they're epic! icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 31.10.2009 20:05
Deleted user great! can't wait to see them for my first time. the only downside is that i might have to go alone since none of my friends from silkeborg are as hooked on airbourne as i am icon_cool.gif
Written on: 01.11.2009 00:07
Stefan Jespersgaard

great! can't wait to see them for my first time. the only downside is that i might have to go alone since none of my friends from silkeborg are as hooked on airbourne as i am icon_cool.gif

You can go with me and one of my friends ..

I live just outside Århus icon_cool.gif
Written on: 01.11.2009 18:17
Deleted user
Stefan Jespersgaard skrev:

great! can't wait to see them for my first time. the only downside is that i might have to go alone since none of my friends from silkeborg are as hooked on airbourne as i am icon_cool.gif

You can go with me and one of my friends ..

I live just outside Århus icon_cool.gif

i might hold you up on that one if i can't convince any of my friends icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 01.11.2009 21:26
weiss
The danish debut hard rock band Supercharger would fit perfect on pavilion (junior)

They are so ROCK!

http://www.myspace.com/wearesupercharger

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…