D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Agora J - The Silent Area


Author Message
Written on: 15.06.2010 17:23
TommyKJ
Posts: 26
This year, i will be camping in the silent area for reasons beyond me.

Does anyone have any experience with this area? What do Roskilde define as "silent"? Can i still get pissed with my friends listening to music on our small ghettoblaster and pass out at 3AM without being kicked out?

I'm sure i am making this a bigger concern that it really is, but i would love if anyone could share some stories or experience with their festivals in the silent area. Thank you very much.
Written on: 15.06.2010 17:32
Jim Daggerthuggert
Posts: 637
TommyKJ wrote:

This year, i will be camping in the silent area for reasons beyond me.

Does anyone have any experience with this area? What do Roskilde define as "silent"? Can i still get pissed with my friends listening to music on our small ghettoblaster and pass out at 3AM without being kicked out?

I'm sure i am making this a bigger concern that it really is, but i would love if anyone could share some stories or experience with their festivals in the silent area. Thank you very much.


You need to be quite by 11 pm. But if nobody complains, you should be able to hear music very soft. If there is complains, you will get a warning before you have to move to another area. It's kinda nice to be able to sleep, you can party somewhere else.
Written on: 15.06.2010 17:40
TommyKJ
Posts: 26
Well that sounds pretty achieveable for the camp i will be in this year, so i am not too worried.
Written on: 15.06.2010 17:46
Fredde
Posts: 824
1st RULE: You do not talk about Silent Camp.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Silent Camp.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the night is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a girl.

5th RULE: One beer at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Nights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at Silent Camp, you HAVE to STFU.
Written on: 15.06.2010 20:02
DarkCity
Posts: 162
9th Rule: Last drink of the evening must be warm milk with honny!

10th Rule: Restless sleepers must bring their teddybear, or one will be asigned to you at your expence!
Written on: 15.06.2010 23:03
Fie Niemann
Posts: 8
I stayed at J last year, and will do so again this year.. Last year we ended up there for some reason I do not know, but this year we actually booked to get into J again...
We lived close to the J tower, and also VERY close some "german lederhosen camp" who had huge parties, and they did not end at 11.... We loved it! It was perhaps quite a bit more clean than the other areas.... No idea why though, we ourselves where not particularly clean. And though J is surpose to be quiet after 11, it doesn't really say anything on how early you can get up and party on :p our very noise norwegian neighbors reminded us of that every morning at the crack of dawn by playing a rusty guitar and singing/shouting classics with rusty voices.... GOD i'm so looking forward to Roskilde!!! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
Hope you will enjoy J!
Written on: 15.06.2010 23:24
B.
Posts: 659
Last year the concept of clean and silent camp completely fell through as the camp sites where 'opened' many hours before official time. I'm pretty sure very few of the people ending up at Agora J even knew they where at clean and silent camp.
Written on: 16.06.2010 00:46
Fie Niemann
Posts: 8
B. wrote:

Last year the concept of clean and silent camp completely fell through as the camp sites where 'opened' many hours before official time. I'm pretty sure very few of the people ending up at Agora J even knew they where at clean and silent camp.


Oh crap... do you thereby mean that "silent and clean" is normally as boring as it sounds? we chose J this year again, cuz it was so much fun last year....
Written on: 16.06.2010 05:38
B.
Posts: 659
Fie Niemann wrote:

B. wrote:

Last year the concept of clean and silent camp completely fell through as the camp sites where 'opened' many hours before official time. I'm pretty sure very few of the people ending up at Agora J even knew they where at clean and silent camp.


Oh crap... do you thereby mean that "silent and clean" is normally as boring as it sounds? we chose J this year again, cuz it was so much fun last year....


To be honest I never camped there before but I have visited the camp many times over the last few years and I get the feeling the rules have always been very loosely interpreted and this year they are tightening things up again a bit.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Other Agora's (and the 'Mine Bar'!)are close by where there will be party 24/7.
Written on: 16.06.2010 14:11
TommyKJ
Posts: 26
Fie Niemann wrote:

I stayed at J last year, and will do so again this year.. Last year we ended up there for some reason I do not know, but this year we actually booked to get into J again...
We lived close to the J tower, and also VERY close some "german lederhosen camp" who had huge parties, and they did not end at 11.... We loved it! It was perhaps quite a bit more clean than the other areas.... No idea why though, we ourselves where not particularly clean. And though J is surpose to be quiet after 11, it doesn't really say anything on how early you can get up and party on :p our very noise norwegian neighbors reminded us of that every morning at the crack of dawn by playing a rusty guitar and singing/shouting classics with rusty voices.... GOD i'm so looking forward to Roskilde!!! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
Hope you will enjoy J!


I was at J last year too, but only because everything else was full. I remember the lederhosen camp... As someone else mentioned, i think nobody gave two flying fucks about silent and clean last year, because there wasnt enough room for everyone.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 16.06.2010 at 14:14.]
Written on: 13.07.2010 09:44
Mich Bruus Pedersen
Posts: 5
Well. Silent (Clean was added later) was created for a reason.
Some of us do need a bit of sleep - especially in the warm-up period - to be able to enjoy the festival (music ie.) fully.
It's true that last year, Silent was completely run over because of people getting there before the official opening hour icon_evil.gif
We wanted to stay there, but there was no room at all - and the first thing we saw was the 'lederhosen camp', which gave a quite obvious signal of NOT wanting to be silent....
This year, however, in spite of the fence being broken down prematurely, Silent and Clean really was silent and clean icon_biggrin.gif
To some this may sound extremely boring - but hey that's the whole point: room for everyone by creating different types of camps!
Only drawback was the Mine Bar across the lake with it's speakers pointed directly towards J - making the ground shake until 4 in the morning - this could probably easyly be altered by rearranging the bar icon_wink.gif
Written on: 13.07.2010 12:49
B.
Posts: 659
Mich Bruus Pedersen wrote:

Only drawback was the Mine Bar across the lake with it's speakers pointed directly towards J - making the ground shake until 4 in the morning - this could probably easyly be altered by rearranging the bar icon_wink.gif


Yeahm this kept me from sleeping one or two nights as well. It probably had to do with the wind direction as well.
I hope they can address this next year although with the lower frequencies being the main problem of the noise, repositioning the speakers at the mine bar will probably not help much.

I really liked the Silent and Clean area and the reservation system and I hope it will be repeated in this form next year.

Was anyone still there on the last Sunday night / Monday morning? How was the usual trashing of camps handled?
Written on: 15.07.2010 10:40
Mich Bruus Pedersen
Posts: 5
I was.
At J it was totally nice and quiet icon_biggrin.gif
Sat at the fireplace until ~2.30 in the morning just having a beer with my friends and a chat with the guards (actually a girl, sweet but VERY talkative).
I believe that, in general, it was quite peaceful in other places as well - at least the bad habit of setting fire to everything was heavily reduced, accord to the chief of the fire brigade.

You're probably right, that the way low frequencies behave, just turning the speakers will have little effect icon_frown.gif
I'll write infolandminer[dot]dk to ask them consider the problem anyway (as well as trhe festival, of course).

I really hope they make a reservation system again next year.

B. wrote:

Mich Bruus Pedersen wrote:

Only drawback was the Mine Bar across the lake with it's speakers pointed directly towards J - making the ground shake until 4 in the morning - this could probably easyly be altered by rearranging the bar icon_wink.gif


Yeahm this kept me from sleeping one or two nights as well. It probably had to do with the wind direction as well.
I hope they can address this next year although with the lower frequencies being the main problem of the noise, repositioning the speakers at the mine bar will probably not help much.

I really liked the Silent and Clean area and the reservation system and I hope it will be repeated in this form next year.

Was anyone still there on the last Sunday night / Monday morning? How was the usual trashing of camps handled?
Written on: 07.05.2014 12:45
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
Bump.
After hearing the news that E is completely taken by Clean Out Loud I've been in a couple of talks with my camp about where to go then. We've talked about staying in J this time around. But I want to hear what it's like. I know some of the people on here have stayed in J.
Specifically I would like to know if it's possible to get a spot for a camp of 10-20 people (we're not quite sure how many are coming along this year)? And do we need to rush to get there?
Is it frowned upon If I go back to my camp at 5 or 6 in the morning chatting with my friends?
Written on: 07.05.2014 14:04
Wallu
Posts: 712
TMaagaard wrote:

Bump.
After hearing the news that E is completely taken by Clean Out Loud I've been in a couple of talks with my camp about where to go then. We've talked about staying in J this time around. But I want to hear what it's like. I know some of the people on here have stayed in J.
Specifically I would like to know if it's possible to get a spot for a camp of 10-20 people (we're not quite sure how many are coming along this year)? And do we need to rush to get there?
Is it frowned upon If I go back to my camp at 5 or 6 in the morning chatting with my friends?


As long as you´re in the queue, I don´t think there´s any rush. J fills up quite slowly. And for the talking part, I don´t think there´s any problem with normal talking at night as long it doesn´t turn into a drunken shouting or party with loud music. In those cases it may be better to go the agora´s fireplace and finish off the evening there. No strict rules there, but the common decency should be recognized as there are lots of people who chose J to get some sleep.
Written on: 07.05.2014 14:27
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
Wallu wrote:

As long as you´re in the queue, I don´t think there´s any rush. J fills up quite slowly. And for the talking part, I don´t think there´s any problem with normal talking at night as long it doesn´t turn into a drunken shouting or party with loud music. In those cases it may be better to go the agora´s fireplace and finish off the evening there. No strict rules there, but the common decency should be recognized as there are lots of people who chose J to get some sleep.

Thanks, Wallu. That sounds in line with what I would expect us to enjoy and respect.
Written on: 07.05.2014 19:28
B.
Posts: 659
I fully agree/confirm with Wallu on every point.
Written on: 23.05.2014 09:35
Eef
Posts: 332
YEah you should just experience J..we do not commercialize it cozz we still want to have a place. icon_wink.gif)


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…