D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

How many times have been at Roskilde Festival ?


Author Message
Written on: 20.03.2012 18:50
Rockmus
Posts: 290
I feel very very young in here icon_wink.gif - Been there since '09
Written on: 21.03.2012 14:52
Davy Grolton
Posts: 16
1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1992, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
Written on: 21.03.2012 18:04
Dunkesen
Posts: 205
Davy Grolton wrote:

1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1992, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012


I am very curious, how was it coming back in 2008? icon_smile.gif How much had changed?
Written on: 22.03.2012 23:39
Stand up for rock n' roll!
Posts: 488
going strong since 08! so my fith year coming up!
Written on: 28.03.2012 12:57
Lucas
Posts: 3
I'll join in the pissing contest icon_wink.gif

I was here with my Mom in 1984, such a warm year.
then:
1993, 1994, (4 guys going, no "real" camp)
1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, (mixed camp with friends from high school, 16-24 people)
2000, 2001, (14-16 people, with random cool people from Aarhus, after year 2000, 2001 was a little sad, so we didn't go in 2002~)
2005 (Camp no name, 14-16 people)
2006, 2007, 2008 (Camp Nude, 26-38 people, very large camp)
2009, 2010, 2011 (Camp Cookie Monster, 17-22 people in same camp)

2012 we haven't decided yet, because the music program is utter wank, even Skive festival has better program, and they have crap too...Get the lineup from Copenhell please! icon_smile.gif'

//L
Written on: 29.03.2012 20:38
Gitte Bjerring-Jensen
Posts: 75
icon_redface.gif hmm.. lets see,

1987 - 1997 - on my dads shoulders.- he was working, so I was allowed to tag along.
1998 - 2001 working on the festival sight - as a volunteer.
2002 - 2012 paying guest.

I miss the alternative people at Roskilde! - to few punks, rock n roll, left! <3

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 30.03.2012 at 15:13.]
Written on: 29.03.2012 22:54
Stand up for rock n' roll!
Posts: 488
Gitte Bjerring-Jensen wrote:

icon_redface.gif hmm.. lets see,

1887 - 1997 - on my dads shoulders.- he was working, so I was allowed to tag along.
1998 - 2001 working on the festival sight - as a volunteer.
2002 - 2012 paying guest.

I miss the alternative people at Roskilde! - to few punks, rock n roll, left! <3


So you sat on your dad's shoulder for 110 years? icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 30.03.2012 15:15
Gitte Bjerring-Jensen
Posts: 75
Stand up for rock n' roll! wrote:

Gitte Bjerring-Jensen wrote:

icon_redface.gif hmm.. lets see,

1887 - 1997 - on my dads shoulders.- he was working, so I was allowed to tag along.
1998 - 2001 working on the festival sight - as a volunteer.
2002 - 2012 paying guest.

I miss the alternative people at Roskilde! - to few punks, rock n roll, left! <3


So you sat on your dad's shoulder for 110 years? icon_biggrin.gif


icon_biggrin.gif Nice observation ! Naaa... icon_smile.gif not quite (1987 is the correct answer) icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 05.04.2012 06:15
Kaneda
Posts: 382
Gitte Bjerring-Jensen wrote:

icon_redface.gif hmm.. lets see,

1987 - 1997 - on my dads shoulders.- he was working, so I was allowed to tag along.
1998 - 2001 working on the festival sight - as a volunteer.
2002 - 2012 paying guest.

I miss the alternative people at Roskilde! - to few punks, rock n roll, left! <3


Oh, some of us are still (sometimes reluctantly) there. Just not appearing quite as much as "De skrigende halse-clones". That's what the festival paper - at that time written by JP, predictably - labelled us in the 90's. Other than blaming us for all drug dealing at the festival icon_wink.gif).

But yeah, I'd say the RF appeal to punks/"alternative rock'n'roll people" made its final death rattle about 6-8 years ago. Which was coincidentally also somewhere around the last time the festival referred to itself as a "rock festival".

It's still fun, but yeah, I miss that festival too. icon_smile.gif Of course, so did the veterans I talked to in the 90's...

And, like Dunkesen, I'm curious how it felt to be back after a 15 year gap, Davy Grolton?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 05.04.2012 at 06:26.]
Written on: 10.04.2012 00:20
Eef
Posts: 331
2008,2009,2010,2011 and still going this year!! yeah
Written on: 10.04.2012 13:37
Davy Grolton
Posts: 16
Dunkesen wrote:

Davy Grolton wrote:

1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1992, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012


I am very curious, how was it coming back in 2008? icon_smile.gif How much had changed?

It was great coming back. Within the Festival Area, not much had changed besides security. In the Camping area a lot have changed but only for the better, such as Warm Up days, Agoras, City Centers. And Orange Feeling still as good as then icon_smile.gif.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 10.04.2012 at 13:46.]
Written on: 25.04.2012 01:59
AC/DC
Posts: 1056
Christian wrote:

It will be my 14th year...been there every year since '99, which by the way was an awesome year to start going. That's probably why I've been going back every year. icon_smile.gif


Yeah true, Roskilde in 99 was awesome, awesome weather and good lineup, Metallica, Blur, REM, Marilyn Manson, Manic Street Preachers, Skunk Anansie, Suede and many more icon_cool.gif
Written on: 25.04.2012 14:42
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Kaneda wrote:

Gitte Bjerring-Jensen wrote:

icon_redface.gif hmm.. lets see,

1987 - 1997 - on my dads shoulders.- he was working, so I was allowed to tag along.
1998 - 2001 working on the festival sight - as a volunteer.
2002 - 2012 paying guest.

I miss the alternative people at Roskilde! - to few punks, rock n roll, left! <3


Oh, some of us are still (sometimes reluctantly) there. Just not appearing quite as much as "De skrigende halse-clones". That's what the festival paper - at that time written by JP, predictably - labelled us in the 90's. Other than blaming us for all drug dealing at the festival icon_wink.gif).

But yeah, I'd say the RF appeal to punks/"alternative rock'n'roll people" made its final death rattle about 6-8 years ago. Which was coincidentally also somewhere around the last time the festival referred to itself as a "rock festival".

It's still fun, but yeah, I miss that festival too. icon_smile.gif Of course, so did the veterans I talked to in the 90's...

And, like Dunkesen, I'm curious how it felt to be back after a 15 year gap, Davy Grolton?


I've noticed the lank of punks at the festival. I didn't mind them at all, but at the same time not sorry to see them go either.

Definitely a shift in focus away from rock music. For good and for bad.
Written on: 25.04.2012 20:08
Macho
Posts: 153
1992-2011
Written on: 28.04.2012 21:01
jan
Posts: 28
been at roskilde in 07, 09, 10, 11, and going in 2012.
had a bit of a scare after 07's poor weather, but the orange feeling pulled me back in icon_smile.gif
Written on: 29.04.2012 21:10
Kaneda
Posts: 382
Suarez- the hattrick king! wrote:

I've noticed the lank of punks at the festival. I didn't mind them at all, but at the same time not sorry to see them go either.

Definitely a shift in focus away from rock music. For good and for bad.


That wording almost makes it sound like punks = the gypsies of the 90's[*]... Frankly, I'm sorry to see any group of people go that made the festival a more diverse place. Whether it's subcultures or international guests. Both rather rare at Roskilde now - although the reasons for that aren't that hard to figure out.

"Shift in focus" would imply that there still is a focus...

[*] Yeah, there were Romanis at the festival then too. Most people just hadn't decided to hate on them yet.

jan wrote:
been at roskilde in 07, 09, 10, 11, and going in 2012.
had a bit of a scare after 07's poor weather, but the orange feeling pulled me back in icon_biggrin.gif


Always wondered if anyone would go back if their first year was a mudfest. Glad to see it's possible. icon_smile.gif
Written on: 29.04.2012 23:21
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Kaneda wrote:

Suarez- the hattrick king! wrote:

I've noticed the lank of punks at the festival. I didn't mind them at all, but at the same time not sorry to see them go either.

Definitely a shift in focus away from rock music. For good and for bad.


That wording almost makes it sound like punks = the gypsies of the 90's[*]... Frankly, I'm sorry to see any group of people go that made the festival a more diverse place. Whether it's subcultures or international guests. Both rather rare at Roskilde now - although the reasons for that aren't that hard to figure out.

"Shift in focus" would imply that there still is a focus...

[*] Yeah, there were Romanis at the festival then too. Most people just hadn't decided to hate on them yet.

jan wrote:
been at roskilde in 07, 09, 10, 11, and going in 2012.
had a bit of a scare after 07's poor weather, but the orange feeling pulled me back in icon_biggrin.gif


Always wondered if anyone would go back if their first year was a mudfest. Glad to see it's possible. icon_smile.gif


Hey! I didn't say anything bad about the punks if you look what I wrote icon_wink.gif

But for some reason- they scared me icon_biggrin.gif Also, had some run-ins with a few snotty teenagers who didn't understand that our bottles/cases/beers where ours and not theirs.

And we did dislike the gypsies in the 90's also, but they weren't as many a little bit less disruptive I would say.
Written on: 30.04.2012 00:11
Kaneda
Posts: 382
Suarez- the hattrick king! wrote:

Hey! I didn't say anything bad about the punks if you look what I wrote icon_wink.gif


I didn't say you did, if you look at what I wrote icon_wink.gif

But for some reason- they scared me icon_biggrin.gif


Hah, scaring you and Jyllands-Pesten. Our mission accomplished. icon_razz.gif

Also, had some run-ins with a few snotty teenagers who didn't understand that our bottles/cases/beers where ours and not theirs.


Nothing changed there, then. icon_smile.gif Well, except now the beer-and-whisky thieves tend to be hard to tell from your general snotty, trendy teen. Actually, come to think of it, that's how it was in the 90's too...
Written on: 30.04.2012 08:06
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Kaneda wrote:

Suarez- the hattrick king! wrote:

Hey! I didn't say anything bad about the punks if you look what I wrote icon_wink.gif


I didn't say you did, if you look at what I wrote icon_wink.gif

But for some reason- they scared me icon_biggrin.gif


Hah, scaring you and Jyllands-Pesten. Our mission accomplished. icon_razz.gif

Also, had some run-ins with a few snotty teenagers who didn't understand that our bottles/cases/beers where ours and not theirs.


Nothing changed there, then. icon_smile.gif Well, except now the beer-and-whisky thieves tend to be hard to tell from your general snotty, trendy teen. Actually, come to think of it, that's how it was in the 90's too...


Swedish young men and punks are the only people I have experienced going through our tents icon_wink.gif
Written on: 13.05.2012 23:50
Cecilie Printz
Posts: 4
This is my 3rd year. icon_smile.gif
Written on: 14.05.2012 09:34
Anders Post
Posts: 152
2004 - ? This will be my 9th in a row
Written on: 14.05.2012 09:41
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
Been here since 1995, so I guess this'll be my 18th year in a row, which means that I've been here for more years in a row than many people at Roskilde has actually lived. I don't feel old though. I feel wise! icon_cool.gif
Written on: 14.05.2012 09:44
greg
Posts: 2
Well - let's see ...
72,72,73,75,76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 ,,,, 2012 - If I live that long.
Written on: 14.05.2012 09:48
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
greg wrote:

Well - let's see ...
72,72,


So.. you invented a time machine only to experince 1972 at Roskilde twice, or were there any other reasons?
Written on: 14.05.2012 10:01
greg
Posts: 2
It was a damn good year - so I was there twice.
Pretty good idea with a timemachine to reexperience a couple of other years.
But maybe it was just my fingers out of control.


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…