Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Here's the 2012 map

Written on: 26.05.2012 19:06
Rammu
Hey guys,

just wanted to share, that the festival has released this year's map:

http://peecee.dk/upload/view/368107
Written on: 26.05.2012 21:30
Stand up for rock n' roll!
awesome!
Written on: 27.05.2012 01:30
Jesper EH
Nice. What's on page 21? I.e. what will happen in the gravel pit?
Written on: 27.05.2012 09:40
Coldblooded
Jesper EH wrote:

I think it's the part of the gravel pit that has already been filled up but is still unsuitable for camping because the ground hasn't settled in.
Written on: 27.05.2012 09:48
Wallu
Great, lots more space compared to last year (x, y, z). Maybe there´s room for us late-arrivals to set a camp in P.
Written on: 27.05.2012 10:34
Coldblooded
Wallu wrote:

Great, lots more space compared to last year (x, y, z). Maybe there´s room for us late-arrivals to set a camp in P.

Note that these – X Y and Z are probably reserved for volunteers and disabled, like they've been previous years.
Written on: 27.05.2012 14:47
Ruslabox
Hm, looks like Apollo will be kinda far away from the rest of the festival. Not sure what i think of that.
Written on: 27.05.2012 16:24
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Ruslabox

It is placed in that they have been speaking about from that start? And can’t see a better place out from the festival place. When you are at the festival place it is not a long walk and at the same time, not a lot of ppl will have a stage playing high music as there nabos.. not many want that
Written on: 27.05.2012 19:03
Wallu
Coldblooded wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Note that these – X Y and Z are probably reserved for volunteers and disabled, like they've been previous years.

Ok, didn´t know that. Just have to squeeze in then. Maybe there´s still room on Monday for a small camp.
Written on: 27.05.2012 21:00
Theis
I can't seem to load the map, it just keeps on buffering. Could anyone of you who have downloaded it already upload it again?
Written on: 27.05.2012 22:38
Phaedras
http://www.2shared.com/document/lkx_O4Xj/KORT-VAV_2012.html
Written on: 28.05.2012 22:07
BrianA
Coldblooded wrote:

Jesper EH wrote:

I think it's the part of the gravel pit that has already been filled up but is still unsuitable for camping because the ground hasn't settled in.

Correct.
Page 21 states:
GRUSGRAVEN
Grusgraven syd for port 10 er nyopfyldt og nyt græs er sået. Det får den til at
se færdig ud, men den er IKKE klar til camping. Jorden skal have lov at sætte
sig, som det hedder. Det tager den tid, det tager, afhængigt af bl.a. vejret.
Derfor er der ikke mulighed for camping i år. Vi håber, at det bliver klar til
Roskilde Festival 2013, men vi kan ikke sige det med sikkerhed. Jo mere fred,
området får, jo bedre. Vi håber, at du vil være med til at passe på det.
Written on: 29.05.2012 03:14
Ace > The Coffin Camp
Does anyone have any idea as to how long the concerts at Apollo will last, and what way the stage will be facing? Because they can go fuck themselves if they start at 2pm and goes on for 12 hours!
We've been camping in C41 or C47 for the last 6 years, and would like to be able to talk to each other when the music starts.
Written on: 29.05.2012 07:20
Christian Forslund
Ace > The Coffin Camp wrote:

Does anyone have any idea as to how long the concerts at Apollo will last, and what way the stage will be facing? Because they can go fuck themselves if they start at 2pm and goes on for 12 hours!
We've been camping in C41 or C47 for the last 6 years, and would like to be able to talk to each other when the music starts.

I have the same concern with the Apollo stage, since I also usually camps at c (last year c55), and I don't need dubstep all night.
Written on: 29.05.2012 08:32
Bongo Anders
In the warm up days they will close at midnight and I think that they will continue a few hours more in the festival days, probably to around 3 or 4.
Written on: 29.05.2012 09:03
schlindholm
@Ace: The Apollo Stage is supposed to move around in the warm-up days, so we won't have a constant noise in C. I am pretty sure the location on the map is for the actual festival, and hopefully (or I will kill someone icon_smile.gif ) they have taken care of not facing the music towards the tents.

Can't wait to drink with you again mate. See you soon!

/Thomas
The Strangers (with Candy) Camp
Written on: 29.05.2012 09:55
Coldblooded
Ganjaoux wrote:

@Ace: The Apollo Stage is supposed to move around in the warm-up days, so we won't have a constant noise in C. I am pretty sure the location on the map is for the actual festival, and hopefully (or I will kill someone icon_smile.gif ) they have taken care of not facing the music towards the tents.

Can't wait to drink with you again mate. See you soon!

/Thomas
The Strangers (with Candy) Camp

Also, it seems as if there are less names for the Apollo Countdown stage than the Pavilion Junior one (5 per day vs. 6 at PJ). Pavilion Junior plays from 14.30 to 23 if last year's schedule is anything to go by. Assuming that Apollo Countdown closes at 00.00 and has bands on at a slightly displaced timetable compared to the PJ one, we can expect music from 17 to midnight.
Written on: 29.05.2012 10:28
Afrika-Expeditionens Dr. Gregersen
Hoped to find something a little more detailed, but thought I'd share it anyway icon_smile.gif

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12387359/roskilde-topografisk.JPG
Written on: 29.05.2012 17:33
Rammu
I had a look at the internal map (which I am not at liberty to share in this forum, so forget about it), and it looks like Apollo is pointing WSW towards the foodstalls on the corner of Darupvej. It makes sense though, as it would be a security risk to have such a small space between the front of the stage and the camping areas. By facing WSW, there's a descent amount of free space in front of the stage, where people can go nuts safely icon_smile.gif
Written on: 09.06.2012 11:11
Jesper EH
Will there be an entrance map this year? Like this from last year: http://roskilde-festival.dk/fileadmin/user_upload/images/Grafiske_elementer/kampagne2011/indgangskort.jpg
Written on: 09.06.2012 11:48
Saturnus
The entrances are the exact same place this year, so it's hardly needed.

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…