D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with no new replies

Questions from a canadian tourist making the trip for 2013

Written on: 11.10.2012 01:48
aldhux
Hi all!
I'm a Canadian guy who's going to Europe next summer for a bit of a festival tour.
I was thinking of something along the lines of Open'er, T in the Park, and obviously Roskilde.
I have a few questions, I hope you can help me figure things out.

- I see that tickets will be on sale from December 1st. Do tickets usually sell out quickly?
- Also, will the lineup be announced before/when the tickets go on sale?
- Are there any clear rumors as to who is playing in 2013?
- Camping seems to be the easiest way to get lodging, is that right?
- Any tips and tricks for a Roskilde first timer?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!
Written on: 11.10.2012 09:30
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
aldhux wrote:

Hi all!
I'm a Canadian guy who's going to Europe next summer for a bit of a festival tour.
I was thinking of something along the lines of Open'er, T in the Park, and obviously Roskilde.
I have a few questions, I hope you can help me figure things out.

- I see that tickets will be on sale from December 1st. Do tickets usually sell out quickly?
- Also, will the lineup be announced before/when the tickets go on sale?
- Are there any clear rumors as to who is playing in 2013?
- Camping seems to be the easiest way to get lodging, is that right?
- Any tips and tricks for a Roskilde first timer?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

1. No the tickets usually first sell outs in June, but if you know you will go, why wait?

2. Normally we get a few bands in December and then we get a few most weeks, and in the end of April there is the big post release whit most of the names.

3. Not at this point, but follow this tread http://roskilde-festival.dk/forum/mm_forum_pi1/posts/rumours_hopes_wishes/expected_bands_for_2013_touring_in_europe_next_summer/

4. Camping is the way to do it! The warm-up is a very important part of Roskilde

5. There are a lot of posts about that; it is easier for you to spend some time on the forum reading up icon_smile.gif
Written on: 11.10.2012 15:09
aldhux
Thanks for the answers!
For camping, is it better to find some people online beforehand so that I have an idea who I'll be with on a lot, or do I just settle down somewhere and meet up with random people?
Also, what is the difference between the "warmup" and the regular fest?

Thanks again.
Written on: 11.10.2012 15:54
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Deepens on how you are. Most regulars comes in groups and camps whit friends and so, but it is not problem going alone if you are out going and not afraid to say hey to ppl around you. I like going whit me friends (A lot of my camp I only see at Roskilde or maybe 1-2time a year)

In the warm-up there is only some up and coming bands playing, so the focus is on all the other stuff happing at Roskilde, from all the crazy party’s at the camp site to the stuff Roskilde put on like the skate show and so on. So when the music starts a lot of ppl goes to the concerts, and that chances the party at the camp site. You can always find a lot of party’s but very logic when a lot of the ppl are listening to music, the party’s at the camp site will be fewer/smaller
Written on: 11.10.2012 16:24
aldhux
Thanks so much!
I'm going alone, but I'm pretty outgoing and many people seem to speak English, so I should do ok!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 11.10.2012 at 16:24.]

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…