Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Weather Thread!

Written on: 25.06.2012 18:46
Bajjorn
Hope dmi will keep pushing that rain away! 8 days forecasts, well, not to much to get worried about.

Anyway, a muddy festival has its fun parts to icon_wink.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 25.06.2012 at 18:47.]
Written on: 25.06.2012 23:07
MadsNedergaard
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

The weather is so unstable right now, that it seems useless to follow weather forecasts predicting just a few days from now. We will get some rain, it may not amount to much, but it may be a lot... that's all we know. Let's hope for the best.

I guess you're right, the forecasts are constantly changing - TV2 is saying full sun from monday to wednesday now:

vejret.tv2.dk/vejr/id-2614481:roskilde.html#w-2w

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 25.06.2012 at 23:16.]
Written on: 26.06.2012 07:03
majormajormajor
changed again on dmi! actually a decent amount of rain, eh?

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/en/index/danmark/byvejr_danmark.htm?by=4000

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 26.06.2012 at 07:09.]
Written on: 26.06.2012 08:29
Bongo Anders
I can't find that much rain unless they have updated it in the meantime.
Written on: 26.06.2012 08:37
Anders Post
Has changed a lot every day, last seven days...
Written on: 26.06.2012 08:45
Saturnus
As LBJ said above. The current weather in Denmark is often described as typical Danish summer weather. It is by very nature almost completely unpredictable in detail as it involves extremely localized showers and areas that will be completely sunny most of the time.

It could also easily rain on one side of the festival and be sunny on the other. Only advise is to be prepared. And in one area it's also a good thing. It'll be less hot which I prefer a lot.

There's also almost zero chance of a 2007-like downpour unless the weather changes completely. It's simply not possible with the type of weather systems we're seeing at the moment.
Written on: 26.06.2012 08:53
majormajormajor
Saturnus wrote:

As LBJ said above. The current weather in Denmark is often described as typical Danish summer weather. It is by very nature almost completely unpredictable in detail as it involves extremely localized showers and areas that will be completely sunny most of the time.

It could also easily rain on one side of the festival and be sunny on the other. Only advise is to be prepared. And in one area it's also a good thing. It'll be less hot which I prefer a lot.

There's also almost zero chance of a 2007-like downpour unless the weather changes completely. It's simply not possible with the type of weather systems we're seeing at the moment.

thanks for all your posts on this!
Written on: 28.06.2012 09:36
majormajormajor
It's going to be a wet Friday night, guys. Is this enough rain to completely fuck the ability to put up tents easily?

http://servlet.dmi.dk/byvejr/servlet/byvejr?by=4000&tabel=dag3_9

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 28.06.2012 at 09:36.]
Written on: 28.06.2012 10:15
Saturnus
Doubtful it's enough to create puddles in all but a few areas. Besides, wet soil is actually easier to work with than bone dry soil.
Written on: 28.06.2012 19:12
Psykruuse
Just watched the forecast on both TV2 and DR1 and they both say that there is a big risc of heavy rain/thunderstorms friday night. Since thunderstorms are very local Roskilde might not get hit but if it does, those arriving early saturday like myself should prolly consider wearing rubberboots.
Written on: 29.06.2012 12:19
Psykruuse
Holy shit, this doesnt look good for the next 12 hours or so:

http://vejret.tv2.dk/artikel/id-51453805:vejrkort-her-forts%C3%A6tter-regn-og-torden.html?ss
Written on: 29.06.2012 22:15
Peter
This looks pretty decent! http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/byvejr_danmark.htm?by=4000
Written on: 29.06.2012 22:26
Lord Beef Jerky

It sure does! Pretty close to perfect festival weather if it doesn't change much... it still might however. I'm predicting a couple of more showers than anticipated, and probably a warmer wednesday and thursday than the guesses here.
Written on: 14.05.2013 12:04
Lord Beef Jerky
With only a little more than a month left, it's time to start this thread up again. Denmark has had a very slow spring, and so far no summer days yet. Usually we get a warm spring, leading up to an unstable summer, so it might have switched around this year. It looks as though summer might show up for the weekend, but the predictions are unstable as always, and looking at the weather in Europe, we can expect some very hardcore showers. So far I can't say much about how the weather might look like in a month from now, but I know Saturnus has a pretty good guess, so this is my way of drawing him out of his cave.
Written on: 14.05.2013 12:23
TMaagaard
I do believe we've been above 20 degrees Celsius once or twice, but as you say spring sure took its time.
Written on: 14.05.2013 13:12
Saturnus
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

With only a little more than a month left, it's time to start this thread up again. Denmark has had a very slow spring, and so far no summer days yet. Usually we get a warm spring, leading up to an unstable summer, so it might have switched around this year. It looks as though summer might show up for the weekend, but the predictions are unstable as always, and looking at the weather in Europe, we can expect some very hardcore showers. So far I can't say much about how the weather might look like in a month from now, but I know Saturnus has a pretty good guess, so this is my way of drawing him out of his cave.

Must admit I haven't payed much attention to the Arctic weather patterns vs. various el niño/la nina effects this year but I'll have a look when time permits.
Written on: 14.05.2013 16:38
schlindholm
Saturnus wrote:

Must admit I haven't payed much attention to the Arctic weather patterns vs. various el niño/la nina effects this year but I'll have a look when time permits.

Guess the late spring caused you to over-hibernate icon_smile.gif
Written on: 14.05.2013 19:52
Bongo Anders
DMI is guessing that we will see a better summer than the 2 last years but I can´t really complain about last years Roskilde weather.

http://beta.dmi.dk/vejr/til-lands/maaned-og-saeson/
Written on: 20.05.2013 09:06
Saturnus
My prediction for this year. Mainly overcast or cloudy. Occasional showers. Daytime temperatures barely over 20 at most. Quite windy, light to moderate but with occasional strong gusts from western directions. High chance of a local thunder storm around midweek.
Written on: 20.05.2013 17:42
cup of coffee
Saturnus wrote:

My prediction for this year. Mainly overcast or cloudy. Occasional showers. Daytime temperatures barely over 20 at most. Quite windy, light to moderate but with occasional strong gusts from western directions. High chance of a local thunder storm around midweek.

Sounds good. Actually it would be the same as last two years (and they've been perfect!)

I'm afraid it's going to be extremely hot. Or extremely wet.

Or not. icon_lol.gif

Written on: 24.05.2013 11:50
Saturnus
HeckTo wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Sounds good. Actually it would be the same as last two years (and they've been perfect!)

I'm afraid it's going to be extremely hot. Or extremely wet.

Or not. icon_lol.gif

Pretty much yeah. Probably ever so slightly less sunny.
Written on: 25.05.2013 20:58
Eef
I don't really know the Danish weather but overhere there still hasn't been a real spring or summer yet. It's been the most cold month of May since 1972. I hope the weather in Denmark will be better.
Written on: 26.05.2013 16:43
Psykruuse
Eef wrote:

I don't really know the Danish weather but overhere there still hasn't been a real spring or summer yet. It's been the most cold month of May since 1972. I hope the weather in Denmark will be better.

A week ago the weather was great and now its terrible, but aint it pretty much the same shit weather across the entire western Europe atm?
Written on: 27.05.2013 12:16
Eef
don't really know..all I know the weather in the Netherlands Suck ( exept today is beautiful)

I just hope on a dry RF with sun but not too hot ( I was reading the posts from 2009 which was year with 33 degrees)
Written on: 27.05.2013 13:14
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Eef wrote:

don't really know..all I know the weather in the Netherlands Suck ( exept today is beautiful)

I just hope on a dry RF with sun but not too hot ( I was reading the posts from 2009 which was year with 33 degrees)

It is beautiful in Denmark to day also icon_biggrin.gif

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…