D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Weather Thread!

Written on: 16.06.2011 14:55
Saturnus
JFK wrote:
The bad thing about it, is that there will not be as high a number of girls in little close, passing by our camp every minuteicon_razz.gif

That's why you got your imagination. Use it icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 16.06.2011 23:23
Nicholaj
Fuck man, this sucks!
Its my first year and it starts of with rain!
God damn it! banghead.gif
Written on: 16.06.2011 23:32
Malte Schmidt
Nicholaj wrote:

Fuck man, this sucks!
Its my first year and it starts of with rain!
God damn it! banghead.gif

Yeah, me too! But I don't think that the forecasts look terrible. There's rain, but it isnt that much. Besides, the forecast has said rain the last couples of days in my city and the weather has been just brilliant! There was a little rain today, but in small amounts I think that it would actually be nice to have on the festival. Also, the weather is pretty unreliable, at least that's what I think.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll have the time of our lives! icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 16.06.2011 23:49
Stand up for rock n' roll!
i dont believe in rain
Written on: 16.06.2011 23:51
Christian
Even though it may rain you guys will still have a blast. I've been there through a lot of wet years, the worst being '04 where it was cold and rainy all week, and then of course '07 that you probably heard some stories about, and I've never once came back thinking it was a waste of time.

No matter what happens you should just focus on having fun and letting go of petty concerns like mud on your clothes and a sleeping bag that's not completely dry. If you have trouble doing this, then you're not drinking enough. It as easy as that. icon_razz.gif
Written on: 17.06.2011 00:07
Bajjorn
bah, dont waste to much time analysing weather forecasts when its more than a week left. Its just predictions and they can still change in many different ways. Maybe more rain or maybe less rain. Still, Roskilde needs rain and since its just a couple of milimeters its not bad.

But as said; dont trust those forecasts 100% (more like 40%) 5+ days before the festival icon_smile.gif

My first "real" year was 2007, and i can't say i miss it but it was wonderful like all the other years since, just in another way!
Written on: 17.06.2011 08:19
Per Andersen
ive just been reading the weatherforecast on DMI which tells that the future weather will be rainy and cloudy, with a little chance to get sunny weather.

http://gonews.dk.msn.com/indland/artikel.aspx?cp-documentid=158266079

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/regionaludsigten/vssjlol/vsslf-7-9.htm

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/maanedsprognose.htm

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 17.06.2011 at 08:22.]
Written on: 17.06.2011 08:29
R. Duke
For eight days of hardcore festivalling, this kind of weather is the only weather that's suited. Sun, no rain and cold nights (without the clouds) wear you out. So for all the first timers: hope for clouds, very little rain to clean the dust, and some sunny spells in the evening! Which is a bit what's predicted now, so I'm happy.
Written on: 17.06.2011 08:31
leakeg
So as an Aussie who is used to 45 degree Big Day Outs you guys are telling me I probably should bring a raincoat and a jumper? Any other essentials I might not be thinking of?

How cold does it get at night? What sort of temperature ratings do you guys have on your sleeping bags?
Written on: 17.06.2011 08:41
R. Duke
You needn't worry. It's only when the weather is really good that the temperature at night can drop dramatically. With the variable weather predicted, it won't get colder than 10-11 degrees at night. The only downside to this weather, is that you often don't know whether to put your jumper on or off.
Written on: 17.06.2011 10:46
Eef
I agree with R duke and the others which say the weather isn't that bad.

after 2008 2009 2010 of really hot weather.. it wears you down. Ín daytime you get urine dust everywhere icon_smile.gif it's just nice to have a bit of rain sometimes. And in the morning you don't get burned out of your tent and can sleep normally to get some energy whoehoeeew

Written on: 17.06.2011 17:22
zoon_67
I think it will be fine.

http://www.yr.no/place/Denmark/Zealand/Roskilde/long.html

yr.no is the best
Written on: 17.06.2011 17:30
Fancy Nancy
Just looked at AccuWeather, and it looks like the weather's only getting better and better! Fingers crossed! I hate wearing wellingtons icon_wink.gif
Written on: 18.06.2011 12:51
vignir stefánsson
I don´t like the look of that...

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/dk/zealand/roskilde/forecast15.aspx

but then again, the accuweather isn´t the most precised one... aaaaaand it´s a looooooong term forecast ...

icon_cool.gif

Written on: 18.06.2011 13:10
Saturnus
vignir stefánsson wrote:

but then again, the accuweather isn´t the most precised one... aaaaaand it´s a looooooong term forecast ...

icon_cool.gif

Why do you post it then when you know it's not accurate? The most reliable source weather forecasts in Denmark is DMI, here's what they say:

http://servlet.dmi.dk/byvejr/servlet/byvejr?by=4000&tabel=dag10_15
Written on: 18.06.2011 13:15
Lord Beef Jerky
Doesn't look too bad... seems like the same type of weather we've been having for a couple of weeks now.
Written on: 18.06.2011 13:17
Saturnus
I'd prefer a little more rain though but otherwise it's pretty damn perfect festival weather.
Written on: 18.06.2011 13:25
B.
I'd really like to see one or two hot bikini worthy days during the warm up, other than that it seems fine. As long as the rain is a bit of drizzle or short light showers it will be fine.

Is there any prediction on the wind forces in those predictions?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 18.06.2011 at 13:27.]
Written on: 18.06.2011 14:02
Fredde
B. wrote:

I'd really like to see one or two hot bikini worthy days during the warm up, other than that it seems fine. As long as the rain is a bit of drizzle or short light showers it will be fine.

Is there any prediction on the wind forces in those predictions?

You got the predicted windspeed m/s right at the bottom of the pic, not too windy at all.
Written on: 18.06.2011 23:42
Nicholaj
My hopes are, sun with temperatures around the 20-25, clouds in the morning and no rain...
It seems like I'm WAAAAAAY off, but then again, theres a whole week to change it.
What do you think Saturnus? Ive been reading the whole thread, and your predictions seems to be quite accurate, like, all the time! icon_eek.gif

Please tell me that there are still chances to get a weather with just a few clouds and high temperatures (20-25). icon_cry.gif
Written on: 19.06.2011 00:18
skallgrimsson
Last year was perfect if you ask me, but then again this will be good enough icon_razz.gif
Written on: 19.06.2011 06:35
Fredde
I downloaded the DMI-app to my iPhone.
And the longterm forecast has the "old" prediction system with three different percentages for different weather/temperature for every given day.
Hard to explain, but frequent users of DMI know what I mean.

http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/dmi-byvejret/id357576498?mt=8

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 19.06.2011 at 06:36.]
Written on: 19.06.2011 13:25
vignir stefánsson
Fredde wrote:

I downloaded the DMI-app to my iPhone.
And the longterm forecast has the "old" prediction system with three different percentages for different weather/temperature for every given day.
Hard to explain, but frequent users of DMI know what I mean.

http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/dmi-byvejret/id357576498?mt=8

thx for the tip - downloading as we "speak" icon_cool.gif
Written on: 19.06.2011 15:16
Saturnus
Nicholaj wrote:

Please tell me that there are still chances to get a weather with just a few clouds and high temperatures (20-25). icon_cry.gif

Doubt it. I'm sticking to the prediction I gave a few weeks ago with mostly sunny with few clouds and occasional showers. And max temperatures in the lower 20s.

That's actually perfect weather for me.
Written on: 19.06.2011 16:21
RoskildeFreak
It doesn't matter if it's raining or snowing as long as you got ten bottles of Lambrusco waiting in your tent icon_wink.gif By the way, get a cool countdown for Roskilde 2011 at this site: www.erdetroskilde.dk

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…