D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Expected bands for 2013 (touring in Europe next summer)

Written on: 16.02.2013 19:14
I Like Turtles
Coldblooded wrote:

andreas wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

22 new ones for Rock Wercther which takes place during Roskilde!

BEN HOWARD - THE HIVES - BOYS NOIZE - JOHN LEGEND - KENDRICK LAMAR - GOGOL BORDELLO - VITALIC VTLZR - JAKE BUGG - JAMES BLAKE - TAME IMPALA - DIZZEE RASCAL - BIFFY CLYRO - BALTHAZAR - THE LUMINEERS - LIANNE LA HAVAS - JONATHAN JEREMIAH - AZEALIA BANKS - RUDIMENTAL - MODEST MOUSE - THE BOTS - GARY CLARK JR. and LAURA MVULA.

Wow. Once again, Rock Werchter takes the lead! Roskilde has some serious catching up to do.
You think? I'll take John Legend Kendrick Lamar and Tame Impala off this list and leave the rest.

Gary Clark Jr. is one of the greatest acts to have surfaced the last many years. RnB like John Legend and guitar like Hendrix. I think you should consider him on that list icon_wink.gif
Written on: 16.02.2013 19:19
I Like Turtles
Phoenix' tourplans also seems to fit Roskilde well. Optimus Alive, Hove and Werchter, why not swing by Roskilde too?
Written on: 16.02.2013 20:03
Bongo Anders
It will fit with a Saturday or Sunday gig.

Thu 13th Jun 2013 Hultsfred Festival
Thu 4th Jul 2013 Hove Festival
Fri 5th Jul 2013 Rock Werchter
Sat 13th Jul 2013 Musilac Festival
Written on: 18.02.2013 14:28
Cliché Guevara
Props to Hurricane/Southside for having the best lineup in Europe at this moment.

Today's announcement:
Portishead, The National, Editors, Max Herre, Modest Mouse, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Tegan & Sara, Tyler, the Creator, Darwin Deez, Tame Impala, Archive, The Vaccines, The Maccabees, Irie Révoltés, I am Kloot, Kashmir, Karnivool, Kvelertak, Frightened Rabbit, Ron Pope, Miles Kane, Grouplove, British Sea Power, Graffiti6, Kodaline, Hudson Taylor, Arkells, Who Killed Frank?

http://www.hurricane.de/
Written on: 18.02.2013 14:55
Aleg-One
andreas wrote:

Props to Hurricane/Southside for having the best lineup in Europe at this moment.

Today's announcement:
Portishead, The National, Editors, Max Herre, Modest Mouse, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Tegan & Sara, Tyler, the Creator, Darwin Deez, Tame Impala, Archive, The Vaccines, The Maccabees, Irie Révoltés, I am Kloot, Kashmir, Karnivool, Kvelertak, Frightened Rabbit, Ron Pope, Miles Kane, Grouplove, British Sea Power, Graffiti6, Kodaline, Hudson Taylor, Arkells, Who Killed Frank?

What? Their best act is already announced for Roskilde icon_wink.gif
Written on: 18.02.2013 14:57
Lord Beef Jerky
Aleg-One wrote:

andreas wrote:

Today's announcement:

WHAT?! Has Roskilde announced Archive?! I haven't even noticed that!!!
Written on: 18.02.2013 15:12
Wallu
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Aleg-One wrote:

andreas wrote:

Today's announcement:

Lots of names I don´t know there, but I´ll have Archive and I Am Kloot anyday!
Written on: 18.02.2013 19:07
AC/DC
Download Festival : Papa Roach
Rise To Remain
Gogol Bordello
Lit
Escape The Fate
Blitz Kids
Buckcherry
Uriah Heep
P.O.D
Newsted
Europe
Katatonia
Graveyard
Turisas
Dir En Grey
Nekrogoblikon
After The Burial
The Ghost Inside
Blacklist Royals
Red Fang
Karnivool
Naked Flame
The Algorithm.
Skin
Sacred Mother Tongue
Bury Tomorrow
Architects
Brutality Will Prevail
Empress
Crowns
Emperor Chung
Sonic Boom Six
States of Panic
Bleed From Within
Verses
Hill Valley High
Astroid Boys
I Divide
Rat Attack
Mordecai
Modestep
Hang The Bastard.
Heart Of A Coward
Glamour of the Kill
Silent Screams
Cytota
The First
Broken
Uncle Acid and the Dead Beats
Written on: 18.02.2013 19:35
Cliché Guevara
Wallu wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Aleg-One wrote:

andreas wrote:

Today's announcement:

Lots of names I don´t know there, but I´ll have Archive and I Am Kloot anyday!

Personally hoping for Frightened Rabbit, Frank Turner, Tame Impala, Archive, The Maccabees and The National, but wouldn't mind Tegan & Sara, The Vaccines, Ron Pope, Grouplove, Editors, Hudson Taylor, British Sea Power either. And that's only from this announcement. icon_razz.gif Portishead and Modest Mouse would have been incredible as well, but NorthSide grabbed those already..

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 18.02.2013 at 19:36.]
Written on: 19.02.2013 11:02
sziwa
Atoms for Peace were confirmed for Pohoda Festival in Slovakia (11-13.07) today. I bet more festivals are going to announce them in the coming days.
Written on: 19.02.2013 21:27
AC/DC
Paul McCartney to play Bonnaroo Festival in England. I want him also to Roskilde icon_cool.gif I saw Paul in Copenhagen 2003, Gothenburg 2004 and in Livepool 2008 and he is always good live icon_cool.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 19.02.2013 at 21:46.]
Written on: 19.02.2013 23:31
Bongo Anders
Dooh its Birmingham as in Alabama.
Written on: 20.02.2013 05:29
Adam Galaviz
Bonnaroo Festival is in Manchester, TN United States. Haven't been to Bonnaroo since 2003 but probably the closest thing to Roskilde Festival in the United States. Coachella's set-up is a lot different. Electric Forest Festival in Michigan, All Good Festival in Ohio, Wakarusa Festival in Arkansas, and Summer Camp Festival in Illinois are also similar but with less mainstream line-ups and not as big. Anyone interested in American Festivals feel free to ask me questions.

Atoms for Peace will probably be confirmed for Exit Festival in Serbia this Friday. At least Exit seemed to have hinted to them on their Facebook.

Can also probably rule out Rush since they are headlining my hometown festival Summerfest in Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States on 4 July. They will probably be touring the United States at that time. Summerfest is 11 days and is non-camping but the bus is a couple blocks away. But this year I will be in Europe for Glastonbury, Roskilde and Exit. Doing it big this year.

Rush Tour http://www.jambase.com/Articles/114632/Rush-Adds-More-Dates-to-Clockwork-Angels-Tour

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 20.02.2013 at 07:08.]
Written on: 20.02.2013 07:25
Bongo Anders
Oh it was late last night, I got both the city and state wrong icon_redface.gif

But at least I got the country right.

Is there even a Birmingham in Alabama or do I imagine stuff.
Written on: 20.02.2013 20:10
Adam Galaviz
Bongo Anders wrote:

Oh it was late last night, I got both the city and state wrong icon_redface.gif

But at least I got the country right.

Is there even a Birmingham in Alabama or do I imagine stuff.

Yes. There is a Birmingham in Alabama. The big festival in Alabama is Hangout Fest

http://hangoutmusicfest.com/
Written on: 20.02.2013 20:37
Bongo Anders
I probably just got confused by Manchester and Birmingham that are also large cities in England, i could just remember that Bonnaroo was located close to a city with an English counterpart. icon_biggrin.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 20.02.2013 at 20:39.]
Written on: 20.02.2013 21:29
muoe
They should try to get Justin Timberlake. He's booked for Wireless just after Roskilde. Same thing goes for John Legend. Also, T In The Park has a great line-up this year. Also just after Roskilde!
Written on: 20.02.2013 21:41
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
muoe wrote:

They should try to get Justin Timberlake. He's booked for Wireless just after Roskilde. Same thing goes for John Legend. Also, T In The Park has a great line-up this year. Also just after Roskilde!

The popheadliner is booked...
Written on: 20.02.2013 21:49
Tobias
Hoping on The National, Of Monsters And Men, Alt-J, The Smashing Pumpkins, Steven Wilson, The Kyteman Orchestra and James Blake. Are all at Werchter or Hurricane.
Written on: 20.02.2013 22:27
muoe
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

muoe wrote:

Of the mentioned, only JT would headline. The others would subheadline at most in my book. Would still be appreciated though.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 20.02.2013 at 22:28.]
Written on: 20.02.2013 22:54
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
muoe wrote:

muoe wrote:

Of the mentioned, only JT would headline. The others would subheadline at most in my book. Would still be appreciated though.

Legend is not a popstar.. so yes I was only speaking about Justin
Written on: 22.02.2013 01:32
I Like Turtles

muoe wrote:

Don't have anything against the booking of Rihanna. But if Roskilde chose her over Timberlake, I'm pissed!!
Still, I dont believe that Roskilde would decline Justin just because they already have Rihanna.. He's too damn good for that, and he would sell a lot of tickets nevertheless! He would not just entice people that already got their tickets because of Rihanna, I think he has a lot of fans who prefer all sorts of different genres. He also incoperates a lot of different genres in his music, at least in FutureSex/LoveSounds. It's not just pop.
The liveversion from Paris of Cry Me A River, where he uses the riff from Oceans by Led Zeppelin throughout the song, would convince a lot of sceptics..
Written on: 22.02.2013 11:35
Jackster
Hope that Atoms For Peace will be booked. They are in Europe in July, is a "oneoff group" as Them Crooked Vultures so it's definitely the time to see them in Orange stage.
Written on: 23.02.2013 07:17
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Deftones will be performing at Two Days A Week Festival in Wiesen, Austria in August, as well as Rock Altitude Festival in Le Locle, Switzerland on August 16.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 23.02.2013 at 07:18.]
Written on: 24.02.2013 01:09
I Like Turtles
Jackster wrote:

Hope that Atoms For Peace will be booked. They are in Europe in July, is a "oneoff group" as Them Crooked Vultures so it's definitely the time to see them in Orange stage.

Counting on Atoms For Peace. Roskilde has a tendency to get these rare supergroups/special collaborations. Apparatjik, Them Crooked Vultures, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver and Zwan just to mention a few.

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…