D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29 June to 6 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Expected bands for 2013 (touring in Europe next summer)

Written on: 10.03.2013 22:36
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Bongo Anders wrote:

I just edited the page for more names and some spelling errors

Is some names missing because metal is not my strong side so i just took the names on the top of the poster and names i recognized, other names was already on the list so they are not added and bands not capable of attending is of course not added either.

This is actually only 88 bands a little bit more than half the amount of bands Roskilde needs to book.

I`m impressed!
There are some other avaliable bands, who i think could be great at Roskilde

Heavens Basement - all 4 days(Graspop)+(Download)

Mustasch - all 4 days(Hellfest)
Black Spiders - all 4 days(Hellfest)
Prong - all 4 days(Hellfest)
Finntroll - all 4 days(Hellfest)
The Casualties - all 4 days(Hellfest)

Newsted - all 4 days(Download)
Goldsboro - ???(Download)

Written on: 10.03.2013 22:37
Bongo Anders
@ Saturnus

I know, it was just food for thoughts.
I´m suspecting around 20 repeats from my list on the final poster.

Maybe i should have looked at the very small names on every festival to get a more precise picture but i think its fun to see whats available around Roskilde.

BTW i just forgot to look up Pitch Festival icon_razz.gif

James blake is performing at Pitch festival on Friday and has no other dates shown on his website around Roskilde.

A repeat from earlier.

Azelia Banks is performing at Pitch on Friday and Rock Wercther on Saturday leaving Thursday and Sunday for a possible Roskilde gig.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 10.03.2013 at 22:41.]
Written on: 11.03.2013 08:53
Desmond
Bongo Anders wrote:

I think that festivals at the same dates as Roskilde are enough icon_biggrin.gif

But it shows that there are alot of Quality acts to be booked yet, Personaly I´m hoping for Deichkind because their new live show looks amazing.

it is amazing!
Written on: 12.03.2013 18:02
Bongo Anders
Die Antwoord has no dates after Wednesday the 3rd of July where they are in Moscow.

I didn´t bother to check if Atoms For Peace was already updated in this thread but so far their tour starts in Paris at Saturday during Roskilde and they got no dates before a gig in Belgium on Tuesday the 9th.
Written on: 13.03.2013 13:19
Bongo Anders
Can Empire Of The Sun get to Europe in one week, i hope so. icon_biggrin.gif

Electric Forest, 27th - 30th June (Rothbury, Michigan)

Then nothing inbetween.

Sziget Festival Official 5th - 12th August 2013 (Budapest, Hungary)
Written on: 13.03.2013 23:03
Bongo Anders
Yes I know its me again. icon_biggrin.gif

But I have just found out that Primal Scream is actually on tour in Europe in the summer, well they have a few gigs now an then over on the British isles and Ireland but there is not long to Denmark from there.
Written on: 15.03.2013 16:43
Kim Ekstø
Porter Robinson confirmed for Hovefestivalen. He would be a great addon to Roskilde's lineup this year!
Written on: 15.03.2013 18:15
Wood
A Tribe Called Quest is doing 3 gigs in the weeks following Roskilde

That would be legendary, no shit. Historic booking for Roskilde, and a chance to present
one of the most loved hip hop crews of all time - And more importantly they are not only for the heads! This might be the last chance to experience ATCQ! Dont miss that shit!
Written on: 22.03.2013 10:39
Bongo Anders
The XX are free during Roskilde and they have a show in the UK on Tuesday and got nothing else announced before a gig in Moscaw 3 weeks after Roskilde.

Written on: 22.03.2013 11:17
AC/DC
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

I just edited the page for more names and some spelling errors

Is some names missing because metal is not my strong side so i just took the names on the top of the poster and names i recognized, other names was already on the list so they are not added and bands not capable of attending is of course not added either.

This is actually only 88 bands a little bit more than half the amount of bands Roskilde needs to book.

I`m impressed!
There are some other avaliable bands, who i think could be great at Roskilde

Heavens Basement - all 4 days(Graspop)+(Download)

Mustasch - all 4 days(Hellfest)
Black Spiders - all 4 days(Hellfest)
Prong - all 4 days(Hellfest)
Finntroll - all 4 days(Hellfest)
The Casualties - all 4 days(Hellfest)

Newsted - all 4 days(Download)
Goldsboro - ???(Download)

Jason Newsted will be awesome for Roskilde icon_cool.gif
Written on: 26.03.2013 09:18
sziwa
http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/tour-blog

I guess this puts McCartney back on the radar, since he's also playing festivals this year (Bonnaroo).
Written on: 26.03.2013 12:52
Bongo Anders
He is also rumoured for Outsidelands in San Francisco.
Written on: 26.03.2013 15:09
Fabio86
Wood wrote:

That would be legendary, no shit. Historic booking for Roskilde, and a chance to present
one of the most loved hip hop crews of all time - And more importantly they are not only for the heads! This might be the last chance to experience ATCQ! Dont miss that shit!

Both thumbs up!
Written on: 26.03.2013 15:31
Niceone
Fabio86 wrote:

Wood wrote:

Both thumbs up!

And my two thumbs makes four!
Please make this happen!
Written on: 27.03.2013 00:10
bukflex
http://stoneyroads.com/vevo-reveal-very-possible-daft-punk-appearance-at-coachella/
Hope for Daft Punk?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 27.03.2013 at 00:11.]
Written on: 27.03.2013 08:57
Kjetil Frugård
Def Leppard are playing in Europe about that time. Would be fun to experience a real classic rock band on stage. "Pour Some Sugar On Me" icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 27.03.2013 17:44
Farah Hasanbegović
Fall Out Boy has a pretty mysterious break in their tour announcements during Roskilde icon_smile.gif
Written on: 27.03.2013 18:48
Coldblooded

Not really. Vevo tour dates are sourced from Songkick which allows anyone to create show dates. Someone's probably just trying to fuck with us.
Written on: 27.03.2013 20:45
muoe
Farah Hasanbegović wrote:

Fall Out Boy has a pretty mysterious break in their tour announcements during Roskilde icon_smile.gif

Same thing goes for The Killers!
Written on: 29.03.2013 12:21
Jackster
From todays werchter announcmente, i really hope Roskilde will get The Black Angels and Frank Ocean
Written on: 29.03.2013 14:59
Bongo Anders
I just looked at todays announcements from Wercther

Goose will be at Wercther Saturday and got nothing else announced

Frank Ocean will also be at Wercther Saturday and got nothiung else announced.

Jamie Lidell will perform at Thursday and got nothing else announced as far as i can see.

Major Lazer is at Les Eurockéennes de Belfort Thursday, Rock Wercther Friday and Summer Jam in Cologne Sunday.
They have a 5 day break before Les Eurockéennes de Belfort and a 4 day break after if they visit Roskilde (possible Arena Closing act)

Modestep is all booked.

The Bloody Beetroots performs at Rock Wertcher Thursday and Les Eurockéennes de Belfort on Friday but their calender is not updated so i don´t know about any further dates.

The Gaslight Anthem performs at Wercther Sunday and got nothing else announced.

Tom Odell will also perform at Wercther on Sunday and got nothing else announced.

All Time Low is at Rock Wercther Thursday and got nothing else planned.

Bastille is at Blissfields in England Saturday and Wercther Sunday.

Charles Bradley and his Extraordinaires will be at Vega a few weeks before Roskilde but has a few dates available.

Earl Sweatshirt is at Wercther Saturday and got nothing else announced.
But both Lamar, Ocean and Odd Future is also at Wercther the same day, is it like a package that Roskilde also has.

Also Odd Future doesn´t seem to have any dates besides this one.

Palma Violets also doesn´t seems to have any other dates than Thursday at Wercther.

Matthew E. White will perform at Wercther Sunday and also have nothing else announced.

The Black Angels are fully booked, Sorry Jackster.

Trash Talk will be at Wercther Saturday and got nothing else announced.

The others are either already booked at Roskilde or performs other places in Denmark.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 29.03.2013 at 15:00.]
Written on: 29.03.2013 15:06
Bongo Anders
And a little update on Matisyahu

Matisyahu now performs at SummerJam in Cologne Friday and at Les Eurockéennes de Belfort on Saturday.

A little something called Snoop Lion will also be at Summerjam Friday. icon_razz.gif

Martha Wainwright will be at Hop Farm festival in England Saturday and got nothing else announved

My Bloody Valentine will be at Hop Farm Friday and also got nothing else announced.

The Horrors will also be at Hop Farm at Friday with nothing else announced.

Dinosaur Jr will have their own gig in Germany Wednesday, Hop Farm Friday and Sjock Festival in Belgium Sunday.
So Thursday will probably be the date if they stop by Roskilde this summer,

First Aid Kit will be at Hop Farm Saturday and nothing else is announced around that time.

Rodriguez will be at Jazz a Vienne in france Friday and Hop Farm Saturday.

Jimmy Cliff will be at Wake + Jam Festival in Switzerland Friday, Hop Farm Saturday and The Beat Herder also in England at Sunday.

Booka Shade are at Beat Herder Festival Friday and Electro Magnetic Festival in Germany Saturday.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 29.03.2013 at 15:59.]
Written on: 29.03.2013 15:40
Coldblooded
Good job on the round-up!

Bongo Anders wrote:

My Bloody Valentine will be at Hop Farm Friday and also got nothing else announced.

This one isn't entirely true. They also play Eurockeenes Sunday: http://www.eurockeennes.fr/index.php/artistes/premiers-noms

Still is a good chance they could drop by Roskilde on Thursday or Saturday icon_smile.gif

Also, Palma Violets will be performing sometime during Hove Festivalen in Norway apart from their Werchter date. First Aid Kit was at Roskilde last year, so they're probably not coming no matter what their tour schedule looks like. Too fucking bad about The Black Angels. Would've loved to see them at Roskilde.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 29.03.2013 at 15:49.]
Written on: 29.03.2013 15:52
Bongo Anders
Okay but there is nothing on their own website.
Written on: 29.03.2013 16:17
Coldblooded
Bongo Anders wrote:

Okay but there is nothing on their own website.

It's out via their Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/mybloodyvalentine?ref=ts&fref=ts

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…