Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Expected bands for 2013 (touring in Europe next summer)

Written on: 01.02.2013 16:09
Danni
Man Hellfest have got an awesome lineup in terms of Stoner, doom, occult and retro rock
Would love it some of those bands came to RF, crossing fingers for at least Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats and Sleep!

Don't know if this has been posted but Dour Festival in Belgium from 18-21 july has recently announced their first bands:

Amon Tobin presents Two Fingers (DJ Set)
Andy C
Converge
Drumsound and Bassline Smith
Funeral For A Friend
Gramatik
IAM
Lenght Of Time
Maybeshewill
Nu:Logic feat MC Wrec
Oddisee and Live Band
Pelican
Skindred
Skream and Sgt Pokes (All Night Long)
Terror
The Trickaz
The Smashing Pumpkins
Torche
Wax Tailor and The Dusty Rainbow Experience
Youssoupha

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 01.02.2013 at 16:15.]
Written on: 05.02.2013 10:09
muoe
muoe wrote:

muoe wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Rock Werchter : Sigur Rós, Alt-J, The Script, Bloc Party, Airbourne, Netsky (live), Jessie Ware, Two Door Cinema Club, Phoenix, C2C, Richard Hawley, Graveyard, Disclosure, Django Django, A Day To Remember, Band Of Horses, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Asaf Avidan, Passenger, Of Monsters And Men

I would love to have Bloc Party at RF13. Alt-J and Band of Horses as well, but NorthSide Festival already snatched those, so it seems unlikely that they'll attend Roskilde as well. C2C and Disclosure will both be awesome gigs, I'm sure! Of Monsters and Men could be a Roskilde-booking as well.

Bloc Party just announced for NorthSide Festival along with Bikstok Røgsystem, Spleen United, Gogol Bordello and Kings of Convenience. Guess we won't see Bloc Party at Roskilde then.

Keane, Modest Mouse, Biffy Clyro, Rasmus Walther and Shaka Loveless announced for NorthSide Festival 2013 today.
Written on: 05.02.2013 14:47
AC/DC
Deftones and System Of A Down to play Reading and Leeds festival
Written on: 05.02.2013 15:53
Frank Jørgensen
Crosby, Stills and Nash are touring Europe late June/early July, and they have no dates July 6th and 7th. A sunday afternoon gig at Arena perhaps? I'd be there for sure icon_smile.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 05.02.2013 at 15:53.]
Written on: 07.02.2013 22:31
Ruslabox
Electronic space-music supersmith Starkey released an amazing album, 'Orbits', this December and is playing Pumpehuset April 6th - just before the big release. Would be an amazing booking for electronica lovers of all types and an abvoius choice for the spacey atmosphere of the fully lit Apollo stage.

Imagine this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rLdaVeBSZE

as the opening track for his koncert at 01:00 friday night at Apollo. Jesus Christ that would be nothing short of breathtaking. FINGERS CROSSED!
Written on: 09.02.2013 19:07
MojitoStation
The Nuts:

Neil Young
Calexico
Sixto Rodriquez
Bill Fay
K-X-P
Death Hawks
Beck

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 09.02.2013 at 19:11.]
Written on: 09.02.2013 19:13
Wallu
MojitoStation wrote:

The Nuts:

Neil Young
Calexico
Sixto Rodriquez
Bill Fay
K-X-P
Death Hawks

This should be in the wishes-thread. This thread is for speculations of who´s around on other festivals at the same time as Roskilde. On the bands, I totally agree. And have to say that Pepponen has a very pretty ass. But you know that already. icon_wink.gif
Written on: 09.02.2013 19:59
joyjoy
Death Hawks, yes please!!

Divine Fits also (hope they're in Europe at Roskilde time!)
Written on: 09.02.2013 20:24
Wallu
joyjoy wrote:

Death Hawks, yes please!!

Divine Fits also (hope they're in Europe at Roskilde time!)

Yeah, Ive been shouting out for Death Hawks for quite some time now. Should have been booked already a year ago. Still fresh, though.

But wishes goes here : http://roskilde-festival.dk/forum/mm_forum_pi1/posts/rumours_hopes_wishes/wishes_for_2013/page/6/#pid65588 icon_smile.gif
Written on: 13.02.2013 10:06
AC/DC
The Gaslight Anthem to play Bråvalla festival
Written on: 13.02.2013 15:52
Mr. Monster
AC/DC wrote:

Bring 'em!
Written on: 14.02.2013 09:40
ingalill
At the gates are playing at sweden rock and "metallsvenskan" in Örebro. Hope they will show upp at this years roskilde!
Written on: 14.02.2013 21:35
AC/DC
Mr. Monster wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Bring 'em!

Yeah, i hope they will come to Roskilde this summer icon_cool.gif
Written on: 14.02.2013 21:37
I Like Turtles
22 new ones for Rock Wercther which takes place during Roskilde!

BEN HOWARD - THE HIVES - BOYS NOIZE - JOHN LEGEND - KENDRICK LAMAR - GOGOL BORDELLO - VITALIC VTLZR - JAKE BUGG - JAMES BLAKE - TAME IMPALA - DIZZEE RASCAL - BIFFY CLYRO - BALTHAZAR - THE LUMINEERS - LIANNE LA HAVAS - JONATHAN JEREMIAH - AZEALIA BANKS - RUDIMENTAL - MODEST MOUSE - THE BOTS - GARY CLARK JR. and LAURA MVULA.

The bookers should really be looking at John Legend, Kendrick Lamar, Jake Bugg, Gary Clark Jr. and James Blake imo.
I'm optimistic about James Blake especially because he played in Roskilde Domkirke last week, which Roskilde helped plan.
Gary Clark Jr. is playing Lille Vega next month (and I have tickets!) so the bookers should stop by to see the next big thing

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 14.02.2013 at 21:40.]
Written on: 14.02.2013 21:39
muoe
I Like Turtles wrote:

BEN HOWARD - THE HIVES - BOYS NOIZE - JOHN LEGEND - KENDRICK LAMAR - GOGOL BORDELLO - VITALIC VTLZR - JAKE BUGG - JAMES BLAKE - TAME IMPALA - DIZZEE RASCAL - BIFFY CLYRO - BALTHAZAR - THE LUMINEERS - LIANNE LA HAVAS - JONATHAN JEREMIAH - AZEALIA BANKS - RUDIMENTAL - MODEST MOUSE - THE BOTS - GARY CLARK JR. and LAURA MVULA.

The bookers should really be looking at John Legend, Kendrick Lamar, Jake Bugg, Gary Clark Jr. and James Blake imo.
I'm optimistic about James Blake especially because he played in Roskilde Domkirke last week, which Roskilde helped plan.
Gary Clark Jr. is playing Lille Vega next month (and I have tickets!) so the bookers should stop by to se the next big thing

John Legend would be absolutely awesome!
Written on: 15.02.2013 10:29
Desmond
I Like Turtles wrote:

Gary Clark Jr. is playing Lille Vega next month (and I have tickets!) so the bookers should stop by to see the next big thing

its time to come back for

the hives
gogol bordello
dizzee rascal
biffy clyro !!!
Written on: 15.02.2013 10:54
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Desmond wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

its time to come back for

the hives
gogol bordello
dizzee rascal
biffy clyro !!!

gogol bordello and biffy clyro is playing NS
Written on: 15.02.2013 11:13
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Jun 15 – Donington Park, England – Download Festival

Alice In Chains

They have not announced any gigs between this (their only announced in Europe so far) until September in the US. Guess is, more to come!
Written on: 15.02.2013 16:42
Cliché Guevara
I Like Turtles wrote:

Wow. Once again, Rock Werchter takes the lead! Roskilde has some serious catching up to do.
Written on: 15.02.2013 18:01
Coldblooded
andreas wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Wow. Once again, Rock Werchter takes the lead! Roskilde has some serious catching up to do.
You think? I'll take John Legend Kendrick Lamar and Tame Impala off this list and leave the rest.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.02.2013 at 18:02.]
Written on: 15.02.2013 18:05
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Coldblooded wrote:

andreas wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

You think? I'll take John Legend Kendrick Lamar and Tame Impala off this list and leave the rest.

The bots is what I want from that list, and we got them icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 15.02.2013 18:12
Cliché Guevara
Coldblooded wrote:

Just took a quick look at their lineup and counted 32 artists I want to see, versus the 14 artists I want to see at Roskilde currently. Werchter's lineup is pretty safe - as usual - but it consists of mostly quality, mainstream acts. It kind of reminds me of a much bigger NorthSide Festival.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.02.2013 at 18:15.]
Written on: 15.02.2013 19:17
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
andreas wrote:

It kind of reminds me of a much bigger NorthSide Festival.

And that is one think Roskilde must never never become....
Written on: 15.02.2013 21:11
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Coldblooded wrote:

andreas wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

You don't like Gary Clark JR?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.02.2013 at 21:13.]
Written on: 16.02.2013 01:25
Silas
what about Boomtown rats? they are playing at
Isle of Wight Festival Sunday 16th of June
Cork Marquee Friday 5th of July

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…