Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Other Festivals 2014

Written on: 16.01.2014 13:19
Jonathan Søgaard
Wallu wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

If I could wish one band from coachella it would be Fishbone. Most crazy ass live-act combining ska, rock, funk, jazz. Would pump up such a party. And these guys can play their instruments!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MEI3UTnp-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E24XXOnmSGk

Come on Roskilde. Make it happen icon_smile.gif

Fishbone still alive? YES, THIS!!!

Not just alive as far as I can see on youtube.They are still a crazy live-act. Quite impressive seeing how long they have been going icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 16.01.2014 13:36
DukeofDK
Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

If I could wish one band from coachella it would be Fishbone. Most crazy ass live-act combining ska, rock, funk, jazz. Would pump up such a party. And these guys can play their instruments!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MEI3UTnp-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E24XXOnmSGk

Come on Roskilde. Make it happen icon_smile.gif

Fishbone still alive? YES, THIS!!!

Not just alive as far as I can see on youtube.They are still a crazy live-act. Quite impressive seeing how long they have been going icon_biggrin.gif

That is some setlist. Add "Like a Hurricane" or "Cortez the Killer" (or both), and I'd be MORE than satisfied! (in case he will attend Roskilde - here's to hoping)
Written on: 16.01.2014 13:36
Kong Gulerod
Kings of Leon added to the Rock Werchter line-up.

Bearing the King's last performance on Roskilde in mind, let's hope Roskilde don't get inspired to book them. I know thay have an album out and everything... but it is simply a boering booking of a headliner in my eyes.
Written on: 18.01.2014 19:39
Lord Beef Jerky
Kong Gulerod wrote:

Bearing the King's last performance on Roskilde in mind, let's hope Roskilde don't get inspired to book them. I know thay have an album out and everything... but it is simply a boering booking of a headliner in my eyes.

Hear hear! We already have one extremely overrated rock band as a headliner, let's not continue down this path.
Written on: 19.01.2014 17:46
muoe
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Kong Gulerod wrote:

Hear hear! We already have one extremely overrated rock band as a headliner, let's not continue down this path.

If you are referring to Arctic Monkeys, I would say in their defense that their new 'AM'-album is really good, IMO. Regarding Kings of Leon, I wouldn't count on them being added to the line-up. They played not too many years ago, and I see so many much interesting bands on tour around Roskilde.

The Black Keys and Outkast are two of the ones I really hope for.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 19.01.2014 at 17:47.]
Written on: 21.01.2014 09:54
Fyrstwalther
Alice In Chains will be playing at this year's Sonisphere Festival in Basel, Switzerland on July 4, and in Warsaw, Poland on July 11. Maybe they will stop by this years Roskilde? I think their last album had a couple solid numbers, and would be nice too hear them live, of course combined with all the classicsicon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 23.01.2014 08:56
Wallu
Check out that Friday!!! Come on Roskilde!!!

http://cumbretajin.com/2014/en/
Written on: 23.01.2014 21:44
AC/DC
Eric Clapton – Life Festival Oswiecim, Poland – 28 June.
Written on: 28.01.2014 23:48
Jackster
http://www.binaural.es/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BfF3JQvCIAEm2ni.jpg
Written on: 29.01.2014 14:59
permanden
Damon Albarn is confirmed for Rock Werchter for a Thursday gig.

He would be an excellent choice for Roskilde to put on stage Saturday or Sunday. He said that on his tour he would play song from all his previous Constellations.

Written on: 29.01.2014 16:14
Bongo Anders
Wireless festival is placed same week as Roskilde, usually its the week after.

I have marked the ones i want to see at Roskilde.

Friday in London/Sunday in Burmingham

Kanye West
Pharrel Williams
Basement Jaxx
Iggy Azalea
Ella Eyra
Angel Haze

Saturday in London/Friday in Birmingham
Drake
Rudimental
Wiz khalifa
Azealia Banks
Pretty Lights
Change The Rapper
Earl Sweatshirt
Asap Ferg

Sunday in London&/Saturday in Birmingham
Bruno Mars
Outkast
Ellie Goulding
John Newman
Clean Bandit
Salt N Pepa
Neon Jungle

There are going to be more announced over all 6 days.

http://www.wirelessfestival.co.uk/line-up/poster

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 29.01.2014 at 16:16.]
Written on: 29.01.2014 18:43
Wallu
I think the festival owes us an Angel Haze-gig. Did she ever get on stage, I gave up after an hour or so...?
Written on: 29.01.2014 19:39
AC/DC
permanden wrote:

Damon Albarn is confirmed for Rock Werchter for a Thursday gig.

He would be an excellent choice for Roskilde to put on stage Saturday or Sunday. He said that on his tour he would play song from all his previous Constellations.

I hope Roskilde will book Damon Albarn. I saw Blur last year and the show was awesome icon_smile.gif
Written on: 29.01.2014 21:37
Bongo Anders
Wallu wrote:

I think the festival owes us an Angel Haze-gig. Did she ever get on stage, I gave up after an hour or so...?

She did actually went on or so i heard, I didn´t see the show myself so don´t take my word for granded
Written on: 29.01.2014 22:35
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Bongo Anders wrote:

Kanye West
Pharrel Williams
Basement Jaxx
Iggy Azalea
Ella Eyra
Angel Haze

Drake
Rudimental
Wiz khalifa
Azealia Banks
Pretty Lights
Change The Rapper
Earl Sweatshirt
Asap Ferg

Bruno Mars
Outkast
Ellie Goulding
John Newman
Clean Bandit
Salt N Pepa
Neon Jungle

I think Pharrell Williams is the name from that list I most want to see
Written on: 29.01.2014 23:27
Bongo Anders
If he brings N.E.R.D and/or Daft Punk then i`m on. icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 30.01.2014 08:35
Wallu
Bongo Anders wrote:

Wallu wrote:

She did actually went on or so i heard, I didn´t see the show myself so don´t take my word for granded

Ok, thanks for the info. She´s my favourite "new" rapper so I would welcome her back anyway.
Written on: 30.01.2014 20:31
Bongo Anders
I think it was a technical problem with a backtrack machine thingy
Written on: 02.02.2014 22:45
Eef
Yes I also missed her performance because i was too drunk. Waited for 2 hours and then she still wasnt there. Lets hope she'll be back!
Written on: 04.02.2014 13:05
Wallu
Ruisrock, Turku, Finland 4.7.-6.7.2014

The Offspring
Bastille
Caribou
Children of Bodom
Stone
Veronica Maggio
Michael Monroe
Wiz Khalifa
Phoenix
Suede
First Aid Kit
Icona Pop
The 1975

I would very warmly welcome Suede and specially Phoenix. Why not Veronica Maggio too...
Written on: 04.02.2014 13:13
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
I am hopping for The Offspring is a old teen dream to see them live
Written on: 04.02.2014 14:52
Jackster
Sasquatch! is going to f*** us over several great names... 2 festivales, may and july.

Here is the listing for the one 4-6 july (the same weekend as Roskilde): http://www.sasquatchfestival.com/lineup/july
Written on: 04.02.2014 15:19
Kuken Andersson
Kanye West is coming to Bråvalla. Considering Roskilde yesterday wrote "We continue with more names on Wednesday Not into noisy rock or Danish nostalgia? Don’t worry. On Wednesday we dress in golden chains, sneakers and Stars and Stripes and announce an entirely different bunch of names" then it would surprise me if they wouldn't announce the very same act tomorrow.
Written on: 05.02.2014 09:05
http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/80482 Kanye West has been anno to the Bråvalla-festival in Sweden. The week before Roskilde.
Written on: 05.02.2014 11:21
I Like Turtles
Bongo Anders wrote:

Kanye West
Pharrel Williams
Basement Jaxx
Iggy Azalea
Ella Eyra
Angel Haze

Drake
Rudimental
Wiz khalifa
Azealia Banks
Pretty Lights
Change The Rapper
Earl Sweatshirt
Asap Ferg

Bruno Mars
Outkast
Ellie Goulding
John Newman
Clean Bandit
Salt N Pepa
Neon Jungle

Kanye qould be fantastic now that he's out with the phenomenal Yeezus. My last concert with him (Watch The Throne) also was the greatest concert I've ever been to!
I guess Pharrell could sell a lot of tickets with his last 3 hitsingles. Then someone like me, a N.E.R.D-fan, could stand in the back wishing for some old tunes..
Given that his concert at Forum sold out that quick, I guess we shouldn't rule out Drake.
OutKast seems like a bigger possibility now that they are in Europe, but I guess it has to be either them or Kanye, since the both have to play at the beginning of the festival.
Bruno also convinced a lot of sceptics last sunday, so he could be an addition

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 05.02.2014 at 11:22.]

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…