D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29 June to 6 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

PIXIES the 3:rd of July 2014

Written on: 06.01.2014 19:02
Mårten
It will fit perfect to their tourschedule.
I really hope the talk about not share the same artist as Northsidefestival is old school politic.

Roskilde will be the best stage for Pixies // Marten
Written on: 06.01.2014 20:50
Aleg-One
And while we're at it, Iron Maiden is free on at least one of the dates from july 4-6! I know that Copenhell already got them, but I don't want to talk about that.
Written on: 06.01.2014 22:27
AC/DC
Mårten wrote:

I really hope the talk about not share the same artist as Northsidefestival is old school politic.

Pixies played very bad show at Roskilde in 2004. I don t think they will come and the reason is they are playing Northside festival
Written on: 12.01.2014 23:15
Coldblooded
AC/DC wrote:

Mårten wrote:

Pixies played very bad show at Roskilde in 2004. I don t think they will come and the reason is they are playing Northside festival

How high/drunk were you? Pixies was one of the best concerts I saw in 2004. Granted, it was very much wham-bam-knock-the-songs-out and then fuck off the stage, but the sound was great and the band didn't make any mistakes. It was pretty much the same as Foo Fighters a year later minus Dave Grohl's legendary walk out among the audience. But yeah, since NS booked them, they won't come - period.
Written on: 13.01.2014 14:54
AC/DC
Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Mårten wrote:

How high/drunk were you? Pixies was one of the best concerts I saw in 2004. Granted, it was very much wham-bam-knock-the-songs-out and then fuck off the stage, but the sound was great and the band didn't make any mistakes. It was pretty much the same as Foo Fighters a year later minus Dave Grohl's legendary walk out among the audience. But yeah, since NS booked them, they won't come - period.

Foo Fighters are always awesome live. Pixies was just boring show, they did not say hello Roskilde or goodbye and they did not talk. It was just like they where just playing for the money and nothing else.
Written on: 13.01.2014 16:11
Coldblooded
AC/DC wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Mårten wrote:

Foo Fighters are always awesome live. Pixies was just boring show, they did not say hello Roskilde or goodbye and they did not talk. It was just like they where just playing for the money and nothing else.

That's just the way 3/4 of Pixies are, but hey – it's untrue that they did not talk at all. Kim Deal engaged with the audience like she always does. The fact that she's out of the band is a great loss for them live, if the new bassist Paz Lenchantin is as introverted and non-talkative on stage as the other band members.

Foo Fighters in 2005, whom I compare them to in this case, weren't very talkative either, at least not until Dave Grohl leapt out among the audience. They just let one song take the other until 'Breakout', which they then extended endlessly, barely making the show last 70 minutes. Pixies on the other hand played well above 90 minutes in 2004 including encore. I think the extra 20 minutes is more than sufficient to make up for being less communicative.
Written on: 13.01.2014 18:37
AC/DC
Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Mårten wrote:

That's just the way 3/4 of Pixies are, but hey – it's untrue that they did not talk at all. Kim Deal engaged with the audience like she always does. The fact that she's out of the band is a great loss for them live, if the new bassist Paz Lenchantin is as introverted and non-talkative on stage as the other band members.

Foo Fighters in 2005, whom I compare them to in this case, weren't very talkative either, at least not until Dave Grohl leapt out among the audience. They just let one song take the other until 'Breakout', which they then extended endlessly, barely making the show last 70 minutes. Pixies on the other hand played well above 90 minutes in 2004 including encore. I think the extra 20 minutes is more than sufficient to make up for being less communicative.

I remember this very well. Pixies did not talk to the crowd and the show was really bad. My friends remember that also, Pixies one of the worst show i have ever been too but i don t think they will play Roskilde. Foo Fighters show in was not long but they are still awesome live and they will tour the world this year and i hope they will play Roskilde and longer show next time.
Written on: 13.01.2014 18:42
AC/DC
Pixies was also very dispontend show and it was look like that they just playing for them selv.
Written on: 13.01.2014 19:32
Nanna Jensen
How come you guys are talking about Pixies at Roskilde Festival, when they are already announced at Northside?
Written on: 13.01.2014 20:01
AC/DC
Nanna Jensen wrote:

How come you guys are talking about Pixies at Roskilde Festival, when they are already announced at Northside?

And that s why i was saying they will not play Roskilde this year.
Written on: 13.01.2014 20:43
Coldblooded
AC/DC wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Mårten wrote:

I remember this very well. Pixies did not talk to the crowd and the show was really bad. My friends remember that also, Pixies one of the worst show i have ever been too but i don t think they will play Roskilde. Foo Fighters show in was not long but they are still awesome live and they will tour the world this year and i hope they will play Roskilde and longer show next time.

Well, that's just like... your opinion man. Foo Fighters played a fine show, but it was VERY short. Unsatisfyingly short. So I can't fathom why anyone would highlight that as being "awesome" apart from Grohl running around in the audience, which WAS fun. 70 minutes is nothing and even less, when the only reason the show reached that playtime was that one of the songs was drawn out extensively to accomodate Grohl's crowdpleasing foray. If he hadn't done that, the show probably would have been even shorter, but that was also what saved that Foo Fighters gig from being mediocre.

Pixies at least gave people bang for their buck. They NEVER interact much with their audience because it's not just their style, but Kim Deal adressed the crowd. I remember this very clearly. She introduced 'Gigantic' (which makes sense since it's "her song" and they don't play it anymore exactly because of that). You (and your friends) just don't remember this – or you just didn't notice.

You can say that it was a bad show all you want – it really wasn't. The buttoned up kind of Pixies-"professionalism" is just not "your" kind of rock show. That's why you dislike it – not because they played bad or fucked anything up. So do some research first, and you'll avoid getting disappointed that a band behaves differently on stage than what you're accustomed to. You might as well have walked in on a Fucked Up show and expected Damian Abraham to sing perfectly and not slamdance into the audience like he always does.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 14.01.2014 at 00:04.]
Written on: 13.01.2014 21:21
AC/DC
Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Mårten wrote:

Well, that's just like... your opinion man. Foo Fighters played a fine show, but it was VERY wham-bam thank you mam-short. Unsatisfyingly short. So I can't fathom why anyone would highlight that as being "awesome" apart from Grohl running around in the audience, which WAS fun. 70 minutes is nothing and even less, when the only reason the show reached that playtime was that one of the songs was drawn out extensively to accomodate Grohl's crowdpleasing foray. If he hadn't done that, the show probably would have been even shorter, but that was also what saved that Foo Fighters gig from being mediocre.

Pixies at least gave people bang for their buck. They NEVER interact much with their audience because it's not just their style, but Kim Deal adressed the crowd. I remember this very clearly. She introduced 'Gigantic' (which makes sense since it's "her song" and they don't play it anymore exactly because of that). You (and your friends) just don't remember this – or you just didn't notice.

You can say that it was a bad show all you want – it really wasn't. The buttoned up kind of Pixies-"professionalism" is just not "your" kind of rock show. That's why you dislike it – not because they played bad or fucked anything up. So do some research first, and you'll avoid getting disappointed that a band behaves differently on stage than what you're accustomed to. You might as well have walked in on a Fucked Up show and expected Damian Abraham to sing perfectly and not slamdance into the audience like he always does.

Every time when i have been to Foo Fighters show they play in 2 hours but not at Roskilde in 2005. And i really hope they play this year and play also long show. Foo Fighters one of the best band and live bands today icon_cool.gif

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…