Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Poll: Which band touring/rumoured to tour do you wish for the most?


Poll
Question:
Which one would you like to be the next headliner after Slipknot? (based on what has been released on other festivals and bands rumoured to tour europe next summer)
Expires on 09. 12. 2013, 15:00
Blur
 
3 of 31 replies (10%)
Daft Punk
 
6 of 31 replies (19%)
Rammstein
 
1 of 31 replies (3%)
Green Day
 
1 of 31 replies (3%)
Rihanna
 
0 of 31 replies (0%)
Fleetwood Mac
 
3 of 31 replies (10%)
AC/DC
 
3 of 31 replies (10%)
The Rolling Stones
 
1 of 31 replies (3%)
Mumford & Sons
 
1 of 31 replies (3%)
Blondie
 
1 of 31 replies (3%)
Bon Jovi
 
0 of 31 replies (0%)
Wu Tang Clan
 
0 of 31 replies (0%)
The Stone Roses
 
1 of 31 replies (3%)
HIM
 
2 of 31 replies (6%)
Soundgarden
 
2 of 31 replies (6%)
The Prodigy
 
0 of 31 replies (0%)
Radiohead
 
3 of 31 replies (10%)
Lady Gaga
 
0 of 31 replies (0%)
David Guetta
 
0 of 31 replies (0%)
Deftones
 
3 of 31 replies (10%)


Author Message
Written on: 04.12.2012 18:42
Kuken Andersson
Posts: 109
A little poll regarding which headliners we wish for the most.
Written on: 04.12.2012 18:57
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
So sad.. no more headliners this year?... icon_frown.gif
Written on: 04.12.2012 19:05
Kuken Andersson
Posts: 109
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

So sad.. no more headliners this year?... icon_frown.gif


Not yet! We'll see...
Written on: 04.12.2012 19:10
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Well you say after Slipknot.. and I dont think we will get Slipknot, so that must meen form your post that we will not get more headliners...

Sry for trolling you post.. I just dont get why ppl are so sure on Slipknot.. more points on Stone Sour imo
Written on: 04.12.2012 19:20
Kuken Andersson
Posts: 109
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Well you say after Slipknot.. and I dont think we will get Slipknot, so that must meen form your post that we will not get more headliners...

Sry for trolling you post.. I just dont get why ppl are so sure on Slipknot.. more points on Stone Sour imo


If you look at the peeling the orange-blog it says that 'this week? We go big'. They wouldn't say that if it wasn't a bigger band. Stone Sour is simply not big of a band enough to make them state that.
Written on: 04.12.2012 19:22
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Kuken Andersson wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Well you say after Slipknot.. and I dont think we will get Slipknot, so that must meen form your post that we will not get more headliners...

Sry for trolling you post.. I just dont get why ppl are so sure on Slipknot.. more points on Stone Sour imo


If you look at the peeling the orange-blog it says that 'this week? We go big'. They wouldn't say that if it wasn't a bigger band. Stone Sour is simply not big of a band enough to make them state that.


A sub headliner is also a big name
Written on: 04.12.2012 19:34
Kuken Andersson
Posts: 109
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Kuken Andersson wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Well you say after Slipknot.. and I dont think we will get Slipknot, so that must meen form your post that we will not get more headliners...

Sry for trolling you post.. I just dont get why ppl are so sure on Slipknot.. more points on Stone Sour imo


If you look at the peeling the orange-blog it says that 'this week? We go big'. They wouldn't say that if it wasn't a bigger band. Stone Sour is simply not big of a band enough to make them state that.


A sub headliner is also a big name


I still don't think they would say that about a subheadliner. Last year we had Bon Iver, Bruce and Björk confirmed by now. It is time for some real headliners.
Written on: 04.12.2012 19:44
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Kuken Andersson wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Kuken Andersson wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Well you say after Slipknot.. and I dont think we will get Slipknot, so that must meen form your post that we will not get more headliners...

Sry for trolling you post.. I just dont get why ppl are so sure on Slipknot.. more points on Stone Sour imo


If you look at the peeling the orange-blog it says that 'this week? We go big'. They wouldn't say that if it wasn't a bigger band. Stone Sour is simply not big of a band enough to make them state that.


A sub headliner is also a big name


I still don't think they would say that about a subheadliner. Last year we had Bon Iver, Bruce and Björk confirmed by now. It is time for some real headliners.


I was at the press conferences when the 2012 poster was out.. and I remember clear that there was used big words about sub headliners like Machine head.

And real headliners? Come on

Yes Bruce was unik. But you don’t think a band like QOTSA is a real headliner? I will say that they are a big name and I think Sigur Ros is just a big a name as Bon iver.

And other year we have had lot less big names at this time of year… Roskilde is not about getting the names out first

But yes you might be right about Slipknot, but is it not way sure
Written on: 04.12.2012 20:14
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
Tough one... I'll go with Soundgarden however.
Written on: 04.12.2012 21:49
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Deftones, AC/DC, Soundgarden, Rihanna, Ole Ivars
Written on: 05.12.2012 11:04
Kuken Andersson
Posts: 109
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Kuken Andersson wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Kuken Andersson wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Well you say after Slipknot.. and I dont think we will get Slipknot, so that must meen form your post that we will not get more headliners...

Sry for trolling you post.. I just dont get why ppl are so sure on Slipknot.. more points on Stone Sour imo


If you look at the peeling the orange-blog it says that 'this week? We go big'. They wouldn't say that if it wasn't a bigger band. Stone Sour is simply not big of a band enough to make them state that.


A sub headliner is also a big name


I still don't think they would say that about a subheadliner. Last year we had Bon Iver, Bruce and Björk confirmed by now. It is time for some real headliners.


I was at the press conferences when the 2012 poster was out.. and I remember clear that there was used big words about sub headliners like Machine head.

And real headliners? Come on

Yes Bruce was unik. But you don’t think a band like QOTSA is a real headliner? I will say that they are a big name and I think Sigur Ros is just a big a name as Bon iver.

And other year we have had lot less big names at this time of year… Roskilde is not about getting the names out first

But yes you might be right about Slipknot, but is it not way sure



It is of course a matter of perspective and taste. Many thought that 2009 was one of the greatest years ever while i though the lineup was the weakest i ever was at. On the other hand it still was one of my best Roskilde experience's ever, eventhough i worked as a "coffee cow".

I'm not doubting Roskilde, but the last two years the lineups in my opinion has been thoroughly great and it doesn't seem to be that way this year.

And yup, it was Slipknot! icon_cool.gif
Written on: 05.12.2012 11:40
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
None of the above. I want My Bloody Valentine to fucking come back.


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…