Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Still about 15 acts left - what can save this year's Roskilde?


Author Message
Written on: 19.04.2013 13:48
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1506
I'm overly satisfied with the program this year. However it seems like a lot of you are disappointed. What can save your Roskilde?

I'm hoping for one or more of the following:

David Bowie (not touring - but would be an amazing exclusive act)
Blood Red Shoes (in the states until May, but seems to be constantly touring the last couple of years)
Archive (last show just before Roskilde - could be a possibility)
Cat Power (touring in Europe during Roskilde)
Vampire Weekend (touring in Europe during Roskilde)
Haim (touring in Europe during Roskilde)
Mumford & Sons (touring in Europe during Roskilde)
The Rolling Stones (touring in Europe during Roskilde)
The Xx (touring in Europe during Roskilde)
Smashing Pumpkins (touring in Europe during Roskilde)

Probably more. Will add them if I think of any.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 19.04.2013 at 13:53.]
Written on: 19.04.2013 15:18
Kristoffer Lövgren
Posts: 56
I would love to see more "Pitchfork bands" such as:
DIIV
Grimes
Youth Lagoon
CHVRCHES
Haim
Beach Fossils
Kurt Vile
Waxahatchee
Ducktails
...and so on.
Written on: 19.04.2013 15:33
Tobias
Posts: 37
The Xx
Grizzly Bear
Kurt Vile
Mumford and Sons
and a legend headliner

That would make the line up great for me.
Written on: 19.04.2013 15:53
Mikkel Hylleberg Sørensen
Posts: 40
I am already more than happy to go to Roskilde! but if I would need any more bands it would be those of the following:

Muse
Mumfords and sons
Stone Sour
The killers
Penteffect

icon_smile.gif


[This article was edited 1 times, at last 19.04.2013 at 15:54.]
Written on: 19.04.2013 17:20
Lars Christian Jakobsen
Posts: 15
A few possible names that would make the lineup better:

Frank Ocean - I haven't really listened to him, but he would be a great booking and make a lot of people happy. He's playing in Norway and Sweden up to Roskilde so it seems obvious.

Vintage Trouble - It would suck if Roskilde didn't get them. Just some good old classic rock, very much needed on the poster. They're playing Rock Werchter.

The Gaslight Anthem - I know Rikke said that they didn't pick them because they just played in Denmark, but if Of Monsters and Men can play at Roskilde and play again in August, The Gaslight Anthem can play in April and again at Roskilde. They're playing Rock Werchter.

The Killers - If what Rikke said is true about having 1-2 acts "i absolut topklasse" left, this would be a great one. They could be the name that closes the Orange stage. They would be the perfect choice. They're playing just a few days before Roskilde in Ukraine.

Some Danish rock - The lineup really needs some Danish rock like The Floor Is Made of Lava, Whores and Thieves and Freddy and the Phantoms.



[This article was edited 1 times, at last 19.04.2013 at 19:19.]
Written on: 19.04.2013 19:56
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
My Bloody Valentine or Atoms for Peace would make my festival. According to Rikke, the latter didn't work out because of scheduling issues though.

Less could work too. King Khan & the Shrines is a big yes in my book.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 19.04.2013 at 21:23.]
Written on: 19.04.2013 19:57
Cliché Guevara
Posts: 174
I love the line-up already, but either...

A Day to Remember (Werchter)
Ben Howard (Werchter)
Either Odd Future, Frank Ocean or Earl Sweatshirt (Werchter)
The Gaslight Anthem (Werchter)
Torche (Hove)
Mumford & Sons (in England on the 6th - nothing else on the schedule during Roskilde)
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Hove)
The Proclaimers (like that's gonna happen. Are available though)
The Weeknd (Glastonbury)
Archive (in France during Roskilde)
My Bloody Valentine (in the UK during Roskilde)
Matisyahu (in France during Roskilde)

...would still be nice.
Written on: 19.04.2013 20:37
jan
Posts: 28
what would be a huge addition to me would be:

The Who, see they're touring Europe around Roskilde dates, but so far only booked at stadium gigs.
Mumford & sons
Dropkick Murphys - but they're ending the tour in canada at june 30th, so would be unlikely icon_smile.gif
Gogol Bordello - allready booked at northside, so that's a negative??
Frank Ocean / Tyler / Odd Future
Katzenjammer
A Tribe Called Quest - playing 2 festival between 12-14 july
Jurassic 5
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

The ones at the top of my head
Written on: 20.04.2013 05:31
Anges
Posts: 309
I am satisfied as well. How ever, I am looking forward to the release of the last names (hopefully a headliner is included. We need at least one more that can fill Orange Stage). I had really expected Atoms For Peace as a new headliner, seemed so obvious. I still hope Rikke hid the truth that they are actually working on signing them... Though I doubt it.

Cat Power has to be booked and I was even more surprised they didn't anounce her. She has made a great and "fresh" album. With her new album she fits Roskilde even more perfectly than before and plays in Hamburg just before the festival. They simply can't miss her. It is time to bring her back (Arena this time?)

Neil Young and Crazy Horse plays in August in Copenhagen. Is it possible that Roskilde has allready booked them and just have to wait releasing them until a certaint amount of tickets for the concert in Forum has been sold - due to a contract with Live Nation?

Well, it seems that only Cat Power is possible. Though I really had hoped for the two others as well...
Written on: 20.04.2013 12:37
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
I am astonished that a festival like Roskilde still hasn't managed to put together a Mash Up event. Really think they should do something here, like they often do with other things.

Where's the reggae?
Written on: 20.04.2013 13:12
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
Classic rock dude! wrote:

I am astonished that a festival like Roskilde still hasn't managed to put together a Mash Up event. Really think they should do something here, like they often do with other things.

Where's the reggae?

Maybe the missing reggae could indicate that one of the bigger announcements still left is a big reggae name. Matisyahu is in the neighbourhood.
Written on: 20.04.2013 14:49
Hans Christian Pedersen
Posts: 2
I think there are a lot of interesting, new acts on this year's program, but I can't for the live of me believe that Frank Ocean wasn't booked this year. He was lacking last year, but the fact that Roskilde choose to opt for Kendrick Lamar and Miguel (granted, interesting acts, but they have both performed in Copenhagen over the last two months... Frank Ocean has never performed in Denmark) I just cannot fathom.

Also, I think some more indie names and a stronger sub-headliner group would really do this year's program good (:

Soooo icon_smile.gif Recommendations:

Frank Ocean
Ben Howard
Two Door Cinema Club
Beach House
Major Lazer
The Weekend
Tame Impala
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Vampire Weekend,
The xx
Beach House
Kings of Convenience,
Haim
Empire of the Sun
Gary Clark Jr.
Yuna
Mayer Hawthorne
Rhye
Written on: 20.04.2013 19:23
cup of coffee
Posts: 101
Tool & Paul McCartney would be nice! Both are touring... but no european dates...yet!
Written on: 21.04.2013 12:03
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Coldblooded wrote:

Classic rock dude! wrote:

I am astonished that a festival like Roskilde still hasn't managed to put together a Mash Up event. Really think they should do something here, like they often do with other things.

Where's the reggae?

Maybe the missing reggae could indicate that one of the bigger announcements still left is a big reggae name. Matisyahu is in the neighbourhood.


Matisyahu is not a big announcement these days, is he?

I'd rather they go for Major Lazer and/or Snoop Lion (if available)
Written on: 21.04.2013 12:04
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
THE BLACK CROWES!
Written on: 21.04.2013 13:48
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
I was hoping for Smashing Pumpkins as well but they're playing Falconer Salen at the end of July..
But I do believe that My Bloody Valentine could be one of the last topclass acts!
Written on: 21.04.2013 13:48
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
Classic rock dude! wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Classic rock dude! wrote:

I am astonished that a festival like Roskilde still hasn't managed to put together a Mash Up event. Really think they should do something here, like they often do with other things.

Where's the reggae?

Maybe the missing reggae could indicate that one of the bigger announcements still left is a big reggae name. Matisyahu is in the neighbourhood.


Matisyahu is not a big announcement these days, is he?

I'd rather they go for Major Lazer and/or Snoop Lion (if available)

I'm not really updated on his popularity atm. Maybe he is more active as an actor at the moment. I really hope they don't fall for Snoop Lion though. The album is utter shit.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 21.04.2013 at 14:40.]
Written on: 21.04.2013 16:35
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Coldblooded wrote:

Classic rock dude! wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Classic rock dude! wrote:

I am astonished that a festival like Roskilde still hasn't managed to put together a Mash Up event. Really think they should do something here, like they often do with other things.

Where's the reggae?

Maybe the missing reggae could indicate that one of the bigger announcements still left is a big reggae name. Matisyahu is in the neighbourhood.


Matisyahu is not a big announcement these days, is he?

I'd rather they go for Major Lazer and/or Snoop Lion (if available)

I'm not really updated on his popularity atm. Maybe he is more active as an actor at the moment. I really hope they don't fall for Snoop Lion though. The album is utter shit.


I like 3-4 of the songs I've heard a lot. Haven't heard the album. He can come and perform with Major Lazer icon_wink.gif
Written on: 21.04.2013 18:16
weiss
Posts: 1261
Some more metal icon_wink.gif
Written on: 22.04.2013 04:59
Adam Galaviz
Posts: 12
Are they for sure adding names?

Non-headliners
Alabama Shakes
Frank Ocean
Elvis Costello
Vampire Weekend
The Vaccines
Primal Scream
The Black Angels
Gary Clark Jr.
First Aid Kit
The Gaslight Anthem
Tame Impala
Archive
Django Django
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
My Bloody Valentine (edit: not playing)
Kavinsky
The Bloody Beetroots
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
I am going to add Tomahawk
Matishayahu added to Open'er so added them since they are touring around Roskilde
Foals
Suede

Headliners
Paul McCartney
The Rolling Stones
Nine Inch Nails
The Who
Mumford and Sons
The Killers (forgot about them...maybe Glastonbury and Roskilde addition?)
Dr. Dre (they kept quoting NWA on Facebook and he has shared the stage with Kendrick Lamar)
Atoms For Peace (not sure if they are big enough to headline)
Daft Punk
Prince

I like the schedule the way it is but these seem to fit if there are additions. Adding HIM

[This article was edited 6 times, at last 24.04.2013 at 08:28.]
Written on: 22.04.2013 10:18
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
Classic rock dude! wrote:

THE BLACK CROWES!


Surprise! Would like to see them too...
Written on: 22.04.2013 11:19
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1153
No My Bloody Valentine as they have a gig in Vega in June.

I seem to Remember that Røkke Øxner said that they wanted to book Frank Ocean but that they couldn´t work something out.
Written on: 22.04.2013 11:49
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
Still missing any electronic acts with live instrumentation (except Disclosure, if you count them in this category, and K-X-P, which is a Countdown-act).

I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of Bonobo, Mount Kimbie and The XX. All have new albums out and are touring.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 22.04.2013 at 11:49.]
Written on: 22.04.2013 11:53
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
Bongo Anders wrote:

No My Bloody Valentine as they have a gig in Vega in June.

I seem to Remember that Røkke Øxner said that they wanted to book Frank Ocean but that they couldn´t work something out.


In the same interview (or at least of one them where Frank Ocean was mentioned) she also talked about young, but successful bands, being too expensive. Maybe Frank Ocean is one of them.
Written on: 22.04.2013 22:43
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Mr. Monster wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

No My Bloody Valentine as they have a gig in Vega in June.

I seem to Remember that Røkke Øxner said that they wanted to book Frank Ocean but that they couldn´t work something out.


In the same interview (or at least of one them where Frank Ocean was mentioned) she also talked about young, but successful bands, being too expensive. Maybe Frank Ocean is one of them.

probably


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…