D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29 June to 6 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Teaser-thread


Author Message
Written on: 17.04.2012 11:25
muoe
Posts: 62
It probably isn't worth the trouble. Hate puzzles!
Written on: 17.04.2012 13:22
Aleg-One
Posts: 1744
If that puzzle is anything short of a fucking reincarnated The Beatles, I'm raising hell! icon_evil.gif
Written on: 17.04.2012 14:32
Norskov
Posts: 9
Done..

http://i.imgur.com/Gcv0K.png

http://imgur.com/Gcv0K
Written on: 17.04.2012 14:40
Aleg-One
Posts: 1744
Norskov wrote:

Done..

http://i.imgur.com/Gcv0K.png

http://imgur.com/Gcv0K


Damnit! I got it 5 minutes after you icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 17.04.2012 14:43
Coldblooded
Posts: 1195
I spy The Megaphonic Thrift in one of the layers. I think there are three names in total to be culled from this.

They also play at the Roskilde lineup release in Oslo, so it makes sense:

http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/wp-content/media/2012/02/The-Megaphonic-Thrift.jpg

... and could the guy with the BIG face covering most of the image maybe be Familjen?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 17.04.2012 at 14:45.]
Written on: 17.04.2012 14:52
Desmond
Posts: 479
can't help but the guy in the middle looks like the young billy corgan!
and the girl...mel c ?? no!
Written on: 17.04.2012 15:06
LillaNeglelak
Posts: 38
In the link below all the pieces to our jigsaw puzzle may look orange (and indeed they are), but if you look closely at the full picture you'll see more than one layer. Maybe you need to squint your eyes, maybe you need to look "through" the picture. You'll figure out a technique, we're sure.

Need an approximate clue? You'll like this: 2800 5900 5700


Must be the number of likes on Facebook, it fits perfectly with The Megaphonic Thrift's page
Written on: 17.04.2012 15:08
Coldblooded
Posts: 1195
LillaNeglelak wrote:

In the link below all the pieces to our jigsaw puzzle may look orange (and indeed they are), but if you look closely at the full picture you'll see more than one layer. Maybe you need to squint your eyes, maybe you need to look "through" the picture. You'll figure out a technique, we're sure.

Need an approximate clue? You'll like this: 2800 5900 5700


Must be the number of likes on Facebook, it fits perfectly with The Megaphonic Thrift's page


If that's right, then my assumption about the three names to be gleaned from this is correct, but the Familjen guess is wrong. He has wayyy more likes than that.
Written on: 17.04.2012 15:17
Wallu
Posts: 639
I know that can´t be PJ Harvey in the middle, but it sure looks like her.
Written on: 17.04.2012 15:44
Carolina Segre Høyer
Posts: 4
Coldblooded wrote:

... and could the guy with the BIG face covering most of the image maybe be Familjen?


Although the "facebook like theory" does not match with Familjen, I'd definitely argue that it in fact is familjen... I mean, come on:

http://blogg.storsjoyran.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/familjen_3.jpg

It has to be Johan T. Karlsson... It looks very similar, or what do you think?
Written on: 17.04.2012 15:47
Carolina Segre Høyer
Posts: 4
Carolina Segre Høyer wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

... and could the guy with the BIG face covering most of the image maybe be Familjen?


Although the "facebook like theory" does not match with Familjen, I'd definitely argue that it in fact is familjen... I mean, come on:

http://blogg.storsjoyran.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/familjen_3-300x200.jpg

It has to be Johan T. Karlsson... It looks very similar, or what do you think?
Written on: 17.04.2012 15:52
Aleg-One
Posts: 1744
Carolina Segre Høyer wrote:

Carolina Segre Høyer wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

... and could the guy with the BIG face covering most of the image maybe be Familjen?


Although the "facebook like theory" does not match with Familjen, I'd definitely argue that it in fact is familjen... I mean, come on:

http://blogg.storsjoyran.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/familjen_3-300x200.jpg

It has to be Johan T. Karlsson... It looks very similar, or what do you think?



I say no. The collar on the teaser-picture starts way further up. Could just be a similar looking image.
Written on: 17.04.2012 16:21
Carolina Segre Høyer
Posts: 4
Aleg-One wrote:

Carolina Segre Høyer wrote:

Carolina Segre Høyer wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

... and could the guy with the BIG face covering most of the image maybe be Familjen?


Although the "facebook like theory" does not match with Familjen, I'd definitely argue that it in fact is familjen... I mean, come on:

http://blogg.storsjoyran.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/familjen_3-300x200.jpg

It has to be Johan T. Karlsson... It looks very similar, or what do you think?



I say no. The collar on the teaser-picture starts way further up. Could just be a similar looking image.


You might be right... it seems as so the persons face is tilted more downwards compared to the picture of Johan... And might even have closed eyes.
Written on: 17.04.2012 17:29
Nanna Jensen
Posts: 9
I think the person in the middle looks like Sting/gotye - both are touring this summer, but it doesn't match with the facebook likes
Written on: 17.04.2012 17:37
Wallu
Posts: 639
Nanna Jensen wrote:

I think the person in the middle looks like Sting/gotye - both are touring this summer, but it doesn't match with the facebook likes


He looks like Sting to me too. Just don´t think that´s him. They said there wouldn´t be any major names on these teasers. And if he came, he would have to play for 6 days in a row, so that kinda rules him out too.
Written on: 17.04.2012 17:51
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2496
Wallu wrote:

Nanna Jensen wrote:

I think the person in the middle looks like Sting/gotye - both are touring this summer, but it doesn't match with the facebook likes


He looks like Sting to me too. Just don´t think that´s him. They said there wouldn´t be any major names on these teasers. And if he came, he would have to play for 6 days in a row, so that kinda rules him out too.


Sting? Really? Don't even think he would be a huge crowd filler once these days to be honest. icon_wink.gif
Written on: 17.04.2012 17:58
Ziggy Stardust
Posts: 32
I think the woman really looks like Laura Mary from Blood Red Shoes. But maybe it's just wishful thinking, because if the numbers stand for facebooklikes it certainly can't be them.
Written on: 17.04.2012 17:59
Nanna Jensen
Posts: 9
playing a little bit around with the picture:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2553/billede2y.png
Written on: 17.04.2012 18:09
Nanna Jensen
Posts: 9
Nanna Jensen wrote:

playing a little bit around with the picture:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2553/billede2y.png


looks like theres a woman - maybe with an afro or so? In the top of the picture....
Written on: 17.04.2012 18:37
Iver
Posts: 12
The guy at the back looks like happy-tom from turbonegro
Written on: 17.04.2012 18:59
Michael Kim Hansen
Posts: 10
The woman in the center could be Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star? Or Sharon Van Etten?

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 17.04.2012 at 19:22.]
Written on: 17.04.2012 21:11
I Like Turtles
Posts: 757
Carolina Segre Høyer wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

... and could the guy with the BIG face covering most of the image maybe be Familjen?


Although the "facebook like theory" does not match with Familjen, I'd definitely argue that it in fact is familjen... I mean, come on:

http://blogg.storsjoyran.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/familjen_3-300x200.jpg

It has to be Johan T. Karlsson... It looks very similar, or what do you think?

I think I can spot a hand on the guy's left shoulder, probably his own, wich would not match with the famijen-photo
Written on: 17.04.2012 21:36
Alexander LL.
Posts: 17
Now we don't actually know, but if its not the Familjen picture, the similarity between those 2 photos is quite heavy.
Written on: 17.04.2012 22:52
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2496
The woman looks like PJ Harvey to me

And I can see Jimi Page in there, but I guess it's wishful seeing...
Written on: 18.04.2012 00:06
Nanna Jensen
Posts: 9
Or what if 'the man' on the center of the picture, actually was a girl?

http://www.sinead-oconnor.com/home/index.php/pictures/image?format=raw&type=img&id=142
http://www.sinead-oconnor.com/home/index.php/pictures/image?format=raw&type=img&id=98
http://www.sinead-oconnor.com/home/index.php/pictures/image?format=raw&type=img&id=459


The most exact picture, who fits the roskilde puzzle pic is on the header of her website:
http://www.sinead-oconnor.com/home/templates/subblack/images/sineadheader.jpg

- only its inverted.

Plus she's touring this summer and is in fact in europe around Roskilde?!

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 18.04.2012 at 00:11.]


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…