Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Wishes for 2015

Written on: 08.07.2014 21:41
Glenn
Yeah, I know I'm a bit early with this one, but had nothing to do the next 20 mins icon_smile.gif

Well, my wishes for RF15 would be:

Linkin Park
Foo Fighters
Metallica (yes, again! Can't get enough of those guys)
Volbeat (yes, again!)
D.A.D
Rammstein
Green Day

Probably more will come to mind as time goes, but one or more of those bands would make my festival icon_smile.gif
Written on: 08.07.2014 22:56
Kenneth Olsen
AC/DC (New Album?)
Pink Floyd (New Album?)
Daft Punk
Eminem
Billy Idol (Saw him at Esbjerg Rock Festival, and would be a great gig (Arena Stage Maybe?)

And agreeing with Glenn on:
Foo Fighters (New Album?)
D.A.D. Yes we want them back, (Arena Stage is Okay)
Rammstein

And yes, im all down, for those "Old Timers" Bands. And especially Rock.
But please bring back some of those giant DJ gigs, like DeadMau5 in 2011, or Tiesto 2007, but "new" DJs.
Written on: 09.07.2014 09:03
Glenn
As far as I know, AC/DC won't play festivals. To bad though, since they would be nice to see at Roskilde.

Eminem and Billy Idol would be cool, so you came up with some good suggestions there.
Written on: 10.07.2014 22:40
Matts
U2 could be a possibility depending on the production they go on tour with next summer.
Written on: 11.07.2014 09:57
Themster
Linkin Park, D.A.D. and Green Day would be the worst line up ever...

RF15 - The year of superannuated rock bands.
I know there's a history with D.A.D. and Roskilde, but it wouldn't not make me wanna go.

Green Day could be ok, but then again.

Linkin Park.. No thanks..

(sorry for the negative post)

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 11.07.2014 at 10:03.]
Written on: 11.07.2014 19:38
midr
Depeche Mode
Tool
Pink Floyd
Foo Fighters
Kent
Mo
Morissey
Exit Calm
Written on: 13.07.2014 17:28
Aleg-One
If we have to be super relevant in terms of new releases, the following would be cool:

Tool (if they ever finish...)
DOWN
Cattle Decapitation
Madball
The Hell (our camp anthem of 2014!)
Accept
Belphegor
While She Sleeps
Written on: 14.07.2014 11:08
Mattias Svensson
U2
Muse
Coldplay
The Haunted
At The Gates
The Hives
Radiohead
Written on: 14.07.2014 13:26
AC/DC
AC/DC
Foo Fighters
Paul McCartney
Metallica again icon_cool.gif
Skálmöld
Written on: 15.07.2014 03:17
I hope that RF reads this

My list is

Weird al Yankovic
Kygo
Tudsegammelt
Gramatik
Parov Stelar
Written on: 15.07.2014 16:41
Glenn
Oh yeah, Muse would be cool too...!

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 15.07.2014 at 16:42.]
Written on: 15.07.2014 18:44
DukeofDK
Just throwing out some possible headliners here, will probably edit as we venture onwards through the year (dam-dam-dam-dammm)

Tool (hopefully a new album)
Radiohead (Goes into studio this September)
U2 (Should have new album ready in late '14)
Morrissey (Just released new album)
Coldplay (New album just released)
Muse (Don't they owe a Danish concert?)
The Gaslight Anthem (releasing new album in August)
Biffy Clyro (Let's face it, they'll soon be taking over the world - just headlined Reading/Leeds).
Frank Turner (constantly touring (incl. the big ones), hasn't yet been to Roskilde. Released album in 2013).
The Smashking Pumpkins (Supposedly, Corgan wants to release two new albums by 2015).

And in general, just some more Hardcore and Punk this year... Every Time I Die just released their latest album, Code Orange Kids will soon enough, The Wonder Years or The Story So Far would look great as well. If both Reading, Pukkelpop, etc. can bill them, so can Roskilde
Written on: 16.07.2014 01:27
Jonathan Søgaard
My somewhat realistic wishes:

Tool (always)

A perfect Circle

The Strokes (Is it even possible to top the 2011 concert?)

Soundgarden/Alice in Chains (Personal favourite)

Jamiroquai

Mew (The danish headliner. I think they play roughly every 3. year and a new album is coming)

Danny Brown/Kendrick Lamar/Schoolboy Q

Dave Matthews Band

Rh Factor

Destroyer

Depeche Mode

Pixies

Smashing Pumpkins

This will destroy you / Explosions in the sky

Polyenso

Arcade Fire

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 20.07.2014 at 00:50.]
Written on: 16.07.2014 20:47
Patrick Peeters
I'm wishing for Manowar icon_smile.gif They're always playing somewhere in the neighborhood but not Roskilde icon_frown.gif
Rammstein would also be a nice treat icon_smile.gif
Written on: 17.07.2014 10:45
muoe
DukeofDK wrote:

Just throwing out some possible headliners here, will probably edit as we venture onwards through the year (dam-dam-dam-dammm)

Tool (hopefully a new album)
Radiohead (Goes into studio this September)
U2 (Should have new album ready in late '14)
Morrissey (Just released new album)
Coldplay (New album just released)
Muse (Don't they owe a Danish concert?)
The Gaslight Anthem (releasing new album in August)
Biffy Clyro (Let's face it, they'll soon be taking over the world - just headlined Reading/Leeds).
Frank Turner (constantly touring (incl. the big ones), hasn't yet been to Roskilde. Released album in 2013).
The Smashking Pumpkins (Supposedly, Corgan wants to release two new albums by 2015).

And in general, just some more Hardcore and Punk this year... Every Time I Die just released their latest album, Code Orange Kids will soon enough, The Wonder Years or The Story So Far would look great as well. If both Reading, Pukkelpop, etc. can bill them, so can Roskilde

Muse is one of my personal favorites for 2015.
Regarding them owing a Danish concert, they did state prior to RF13 on their Facebook-page, that the Danish fans had not been forgotten.
I honestly think Muse was the 'last headliner' - but somehow RF managed to book Metallica in the 25th hour and decided to go with them instead.
Pure speculation from my side.

Besides Muse headlining, I would love to see U2 (which could be possible if they're touring with a new album), The Killers (another personal favorite, haven't seem them on Danish soil yet), Frank Ocean, Volbeat (best concert of RF13, maybe too soon?) and - of course - Daft Punk (will probably never happen though).
Written on: 18.07.2014 03:43
I Like Turtles
Already that time of year again! Trying to be realistic
The big ones:
Tool - have been writing them on this list since 2010.. but this year!
Radiohead - Beginning recording soon.
Muse - the said they hadn't forgotten us! Well..
U2 - the last four years it seems like Roskilde is trying to get the names we didn't think was possible (Prince, Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder)
D:Aicon_biggrin.gif - I want to experience this band at Orange Stage. Only been here since 2009, AFTER their "era".. Let us know what they did!
Biffy Clyro - put them up there and give them their well deserved breakthrough!

The small ones:
George Ezra - don't give this kid to NorthSide like Tom Odell..
Jungle - seems to be the next big thing. They are pretty cool. Just got my ticket for Lille Vega
Sam Smith - they should book one of the future's great singers
Kodaline - Only a matter of time before they are one of the big ones
Written on: 21.07.2014 10:33
Bjørn Helbo
My wishes for Roskilde '15 would be in two categories. One with just wishes and one with (possible) wishes(ex new album 14 - tour 15)

Possible wishes:
Foo Fighters - new album this year and tour next
AC/DC - Are making a new album. The stage problem with the orange stage can be fixed, just like it was for the Stones

Wishes
Paul McCartney - His Out There tour haven't been in Europe except 3 concerts last year.
D-A-D - Imagine a concert with them at Orange saturday night 1:00
Rage Against the Machine
Rage Against the Machine
Rage Against the Machine
Written on: 22.07.2014 09:47
Lord Beef Jerky
My no. 1 wish will always be David Bowie. Still don't know if he'll tour again, but Roskilde should constantly be trying to persuade him.

While Rage Against The Machine and Metallica definitely is welcome, my wishes are always on the bands/artists I haven't seen. So I'd rather have stuff like System Of A Down, Low, Cloud Cult, Death Cab For Cutie, Archive and/or Cage stop by. However.. my experience for the last 10 years or so is, that my top wishes are rudely ignored by the festival.
Written on: 22.07.2014 10:41
Wallu
Tool
Beck
Cleaning Women
The Splits
Written on: 22.07.2014 13:12
AC/DC
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/glastonbury-2015-acdc-strongly-rumoured-by-us-to-headline-next-years-festival-as-eavis-gives-clues-to-three-booked-acts-9571372.html Glastonbury 2015: AC/DC strongly rumoured (by us) to headline next year’s festival. I hope they will also play Roskilde icon_cool.gif
Written on: 25.07.2014 19:50
Brian Wiik
I just read that Babes In Toyland are starting up again.
I would love to se them on Pavillion next year.
Written on: 29.07.2014 09:18
Wallu
Brian Wiik wrote:

I just read that Babes In Toyland are starting up again.
I would love to se them on Pavillion next year.

Yes, me too. Also Mirel Wagner would be great.
Written on: 31.07.2014 11:02
Bjørn Helbo
AC/DC wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/glastonbury-2015-acdc-strongly-rumoured-by-us-to-headline-next-years-festival-as-eavis-gives-clues-to-three-booked-acts-9571372.html Glastonbury 2015: AC/DC strongly rumoured (by us) to headline next year’s festival. I hope they will also play Roskilde icon_cool.gif

Damm that would be awesome! It will make the line-up for me!
Written on: 02.08.2014 21:08
AC/DC
Bjørn Helbo wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Damm that would be awesome! It will make the line-up for me!

True icon_cool.gif
Written on: 04.08.2014 22:33
AC/DC
http://www.qthemusic.com/4308/metallicas-lars-ulrich-i-think-acdc-will-headline-glastonbury-2015-q338-preview/
AC/DC, Foo Fighters and Black Sabbath to Glastonbury maybe next year and if they do then i hope we will get these bands also to Roskilde next year icon_cool.gif

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…