D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Wishlist 2012

Written on: 06.07.2011 18:34
Kasper1911
Hi.
I only have 2 wishes:

Breaking Benjamin
Muse

If you guys wanna share you wishlist for next year with me, then do it icon_smile.gif
Written on: 06.07.2011 20:05
Limabeancross
It is DEFINITELY too soon for Muse again!
Written on: 06.07.2011 20:41
Kaneda
LiamC wrote:

Put into the contract that they have to play Origin of Symmetry in its entirety like at Reading, and I might not agree with you.
Written on: 06.07.2011 21:40
Kong Gulerod
The classics (those everybody wish for every year)

- Daft Punk
- RATM
- AC/DC
- The Cure
- David Bowie
- Metallica
- Black Sabbath (Because I missed them last time)
- Leonard Cohen
- Gasolin icon_rolleyes.gif
- Radiohead
- Tool

Others

- Mumford & Sons
- Bon Iver
- Phoenix
- Porcupine Tree (Again!)
- Roxette (I know - weird!)
- The XX (New album maybe?)
- Placebo
- Østkyst Hustlers
- Rockers By Choice icon_cool.gif
- Arcade Fire
- Björk (Guess she will be back with a new album next year. 90% sure she will come)
- Buckcherry (Will it ever happen?)
- Counting Crows
- DAD (One last time at Orange!)
- Stewie Wonder

Most of them are totally unrealistic - But I can hope! Just 1 or 2 of the above would make me very happy. However most of them are "dinosaurs" and therefore not a natual booking and others dosen't fit the music profile of the festival.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 06.07.2011 at 21:42.]
Written on: 06.07.2011 22:05
Limabeancross
Kaneda wrote:

LiamC wrote:

Put into the contract that they have to play Origin of Symmetry in its entirety like at Reading, and I might not agree with you.

Very true, that would be fantastic!

Kong Gulerod wrote:

However most of them are "dinosaurs" and therefore not a natual booking and others dosen't fit the music profile of the festival.

I can't see how any of your list doesn't fit the festival's music profile.
Written on: 06.07.2011 22:12
Don Roberto
Well... I have been asking for BLOOD RED SHOES since 2008... 2012 will be no exception. The drummer Steven has said on numerous occasions that they want to play Roskilde. Why they have never been booked is a bigger mystery to me than Loch Ness, Rudolf Hess and Lovecamp combined.

oh yeah, and ofcourse RATM and Chuck Berry.
Written on: 07.07.2011 17:14
Barslund
Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters

Did I mention FOO FIGHTERS!!!!!?
Written on: 07.07.2011 21:07
Limabeancross
Barslund wrote:

Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters

Did I mention FOO FIGHTERS!!!!!?

They'll be lucky. I can't believe they missed out this year, how on earth did that happen when they were in the area?
Written on: 08.07.2011 02:17
chr kors
MGMT
MGMT
MGMT

I think they were at roskilde in 2009, just before they really got famous.. now that they got big and famous, roskilde probably think they got to ''poppish'' for roskilde icon_frown.gif
Written on: 08.07.2011 09:05
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Black Crowes
MORE REGGAE!
Subways
Blood Red Shoes
Loo And Placido
DJ's From Mars
RATM
Soundgarden
Ben Harper
Ryan Adams
Manu Chao
Alberta Cross
Phosphorescent
Black Diamond Heavies
Black Joe Lewis
The Black Keys (obviously) + a Dan Auerbach solo show at the Arena
Black Mountain
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
The Dandy Warhols (They've never played RF have they?)
Gasolin (Whoever made that suggestion was bang on the money)
Rival Sons
Fireball Minestry
Deftones
Chevelle
Amon Amarth
Viking Skull
Buckcherry
Howard Elliott Payne (He can bring The Stands also)
Aloe Blacc (hopefully Monae show this year gave RF inspiration for more of that kind of music)
Kasabian

etc etc etc

We need a lot more of the Mastodonts!
Written on: 08.07.2011 09:06
chr kors wrote:

MGMT
MGMT
MGMT

I think they were at roskilde in 2009, just before they really got famous.. now that they got big and famous, roskilde probably think they got to ''poppish'' for roskilde icon_frown.gif

No

They will book them, put them on a stage too big for Roskilde with the words "we made them famous, now they are back"
Written on: 08.07.2011 09:13
Let me play RF for a while here

Kong Gulerod wrote:

The classics (those everybody wish for every year)

- Daft Punk, we are trying (Mastodont)
- RATM (Mastodont)
- AC/DC (Mastodont)
- The Cure (Mastodont)
- David Bowie (Mastodont)
- Metallica (Mastodont)
- Black Sabbath (Because I missed them last time) (Mastodont)
- Leonard Cohen (Mastodont)
- Gasolin icon_rolleyes.gif (Mastodont)
- Radiohead (Mastodont)
- Tool (Mastodont)

Others

- Mumford & Sons (No electro beats that the kids want, forget it)
- Bon Iver (No electro beats that the kids want, forget it)
- Phoenix (Too old)
- Porcupine Tree (Again!) (Too old)
- Roxette (I know - weird!) (Too old)
- The XX (New album maybe?) (This one is ok)
- Placebo (Too old)
- Østkyst Hustlers (This one will be booked)
- Rockers By Choice icon_cool.gif (Too old, mastodont)
- Arcade Fire (Perhaps, but the kids wont understand their music)
- Björk (Guess she will be back with a new album next year. 90% sure she will come) (Too old)
- Buckcherry (Will it ever happen?) (No)
- Counting Crows (Too old)
- DAD (One last time at Orange!) (Danish mastodont)
- Stewie Wonder (Mastodont, are you blind?)

Most of them are totally unrealistic - But I can hope! Just 1 or 2 of the above would make me very happy. However most of them are "dinosaurs" and therefore not a natual booking and others dosen't fit the music profile of the festival.

Gulerod: According to Esben Danielsen and RF- you are too old. The festival wont cater to your wishes.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 08.07.2011 at 09:14.]
Written on: 08.07.2011 12:49
Kong Gulerod
Mr Wu wrote:

Gulerod: According to Esben Danielsen and RF- you are too old. The festival wont cater to your wishes.

lol!

You are absolutely right.

I am not 20-25 and I don't really like modern electronic music and modern hiphop. So nothing for me next year I guess.

I f**king hate it everytime the festival management gets new and "better" ideas. They always suck! Especially when it is Esben Danielsen who is behind them. (Camp Codex banghead.gif )

The new "improved" strategy is just an excuse for not having the money for booking the "mastodonts" that people are asking for. More acts like M.I.A and Deadmau5 on Orange... banghead.gif And no more Iron Maiden, Portishead and stuff like that banghead.gif

But they are not gonna scare me away. I will be there next year NOT perticipating in anything, NOT being green, NOT helping cleaning up, NOT watching M.I.A concerts on Orange. Instead I will smash up my camping site, leave everything behind and take a genereal shit in their new strategy's general direction. I am stubborn and childish like that! icon_lol.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 08.07.2011 at 12:57.]
Written on: 08.07.2011 23:47
Frederik
well, i would like:

Deadmau5 (again!)
Daft punk
Amaranthe (danish/swedish mixed-metal band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChZZphNOJeU&feature=related very different from most metal genres, but it sounds awesome!)

OH GOD OH MY GOSH!

i forgot to mention ATREYU!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 09.07.2011 at 00:05.]
Written on: 11.07.2011 13:03
satan44
Headliners: Van Morrison, Tom Waits, Rage against the Machine, Janes Addiction, Tool, Kings of Leon on another day than sunday
Below: Viking Skull, Overkill, Ibrahim Electric, Jazzkamikaze, The Roots, Knives Out, Rival Sons, Obscura, Kultur Shock, Rishloo, Ronnie Earl, Wlater Trout, Govt Mule, Primus, Evergrey

+genuine surprises in the form of reggae and ska, world music, some cool rock´n´roll, and some genre benders...
Written on: 15.07.2011 07:15
Mads Pedersen
Here is some of my wishes for next year, I've wished for some of them(the 5 at the top) year after year since '08 when I first came to roskilde! icon_smile.gif

Year after year wishes:
Finger Eleven
Soil
Static-X
Three Days Grace
Seether

The rest!
3 Doors Down
30 Seconds to Mars!
36 Crazyfists
ACDC
All that remains
Anberlin
Blink 182
Breaking Benjamin!
Clawfinger
Daft Punk
Danko Jones
Deftones
Empire of the Sun
Enter Shikari
Foo Fighters!
Glasvegas (missed them last time, due to Faith no more playing orange stage, as far as i recall)
Godsmack
Goldfish (would fit roskilde very well! at least in my opinion)
Guano Apes
Hoobastank
In Flames!
Incubus
Jimmy Eat World
Joe Satriani
Justice
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Lostprophets!
Metallica
MGMT
Papa Roach!
Powerman 5000
Protest the Hero
Queens of the Stone Age
RATM
Rammstein
RHCP
ROB ZOMBIE! :'(
Sum 41
System of a Down!
Tenacious D
The Used
Tool!
Weezer
White Lies!
Wolfmother
Yellowcard
Yoav
ZZ Top!

It's a pretty big list, I know. And some of them might not even play gigs anymore, haven't really done my research icon_smile.gif Still doesn't change the fact that I would love to see some of them on Roskilde 2012 icon_wink.gif
Written on: 20.07.2011 12:38
AP
Headliners:
Blink 182, Daft Punk, Eminem, Rammstein, The Rolling Stones, Soundgarden, System Of A Down, Tool

Subliners:
Brian Wilson, The Darkness, Incubus, Rancid, Weezer

Small letter:
Bernhoft, Between the Buried and Me, Bon Iver, Cage the Elephant, The Chariot, Death Angel, Dry the River, Frank Turner, Gorgoroth, The Joy Formidable, Katzenjammer, Mona, Mumford & Sons, Portugal. The Man, Rival Sons, Sublime with Rome, TesseracT, Thrice, The Twilight Singers, While She Sleeps

Pavilion Jr.:
A Road to Damascus, The Day We Left Earth, The Interbeing, Plök, The Shallow Man, Stream City

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 07.10.2011 at 11:53.]
Written on: 20.07.2011 20:48
weiss
This is just plain guesses for maybe possible headliners for 2012:

- Metallica and/or feat. Lou Reed (new album to come as you might know with both Metallica n Reed BUT will they make a tour for the album??)
- Björk (New album out soon)
- Daft Punk (if they tour - Roskilde will do anything to have them!)
- Blink 182
- Rammstein (Tour EU in winther '12 with their "Made in Germany 1995-2011" - tour , will they do a summer tour also?)

But it's all too early to say and after this year I really don't know what headliners are anymore?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 20.07.2011 at 20:49.]
Written on: 20.07.2011 22:30
Limabeancross
AP wrote:

Headliners:
Blink 182, Daft Punk, Eminem, Rammstein, The Rolling Stones, Soundgarden, Tool

Subliners:

Small letter:
Bernhoft, Between the Buried and Me, Bon Iver, Cage the Elephant, The Chariot, Death Angel, Dry the River, Frank Turner, Gorgoroth, The Joy Formidable, Katzenjammer, Mona, Mumford & Sons, Portugal. The Man, Rival Sons, Sublime with Rome, TesseracT, The Twilight Singers, While She Sleeps

Pavilion Jr.:
A Road to Damascus, The Day We Left Earth, The Interbeing, Plök, The Shallow Man, Stream City

That would be a fantastic lineup! (with a few extras of course). But Roskilde don't seem to have lineups that strong anymore icon_frown.gif
Written on: 20.07.2011 22:33
Michael Mathiesen
The one and only
Skrillex
icon_wink.gif
Written on: 21.07.2011 16:26
LiamC wrote:

AP wrote:

Headliners:
Blink 182, Daft Punk, Eminem, Rammstein, The Rolling Stones, Soundgarden, Tool

Subliners:

Small letter:
Bernhoft, Between the Buried and Me, Bon Iver, Cage the Elephant, The Chariot, Death Angel, Dry the River, Frank Turner, Gorgoroth, The Joy Formidable, Katzenjammer, Mona, Mumford & Sons, Portugal. The Man, Rival Sons, Sublime with Rome, TesseracT, The Twilight Singers, While She Sleeps

Pavilion Jr.:

That would be a fantastic lineup! (with a few extras of course). But Roskilde don't seem to have lineups that strong anymore icon_frown.gif

To much rock! The kids don't like rock and roll according to Espen and co icon_wink.gif
Written on: 21.07.2011 17:14
AP
To much rock! The kids don't like rock and roll according to Espen and co icon_wink.gif

I think it's interesting Esben says that, and yet the large majority of requests year after year are centered around rock names. Nothing good would come out of bolstering the teenage techno line-up, especially with these ambiguous new green/trash policies in mind. I refuse to believe that the festival genuinely wants more under-18s to be blasting music from The Voice in their camps, or more well-groomed, trendy hipsters coming to see bands that are so obscure they don't even exist yet.

It is no secret that it has been the big rock acts year after year that have put on some of the best performances at Roskilde Festival, whilst generic techno/dubstep acts have been able to do little else than create the illusion of a good show under the guise of said teenagers and hipsters having a good party in front of the stage. The festival will not even sell half its tickets if they fail to bring in a couple of timeless, huge rock bands like, say, Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Tool, or indeed The Rolling Stones, who are now a genuine possibility given their touring plans next year.

[This article was edited 4 times, at last 21.07.2011 at 17:17.]
Written on: 21.07.2011 22:29
weiss
AP wrote:

I think it's interesting Esben says that, and yet the large majority of requests year after year are centered around rock names. Nothing good would come out of bolstering the teenage techno line-up, especially with these ambiguous new green/trash policies in mind. I refuse to believe that the festival genuinely wants more under-18s to be blasting music from The Voice in their camps, or more well-groomed, trendy hipsters coming to see bands that are so obscure they don't even exist yet.

It is no secret that it has been the big rock acts year after year that have put on some of the best performances at Roskilde Festival, whilst generic techno/dubstep acts have been able to do little else than create the illusion of a good show under the guise of said teenagers and hipsters having a good party in front of the stage. The festival will not even sell half its tickets if they fail to bring in a couple of timeless, huge rock bands like, say, Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Tool, or indeed The Rolling Stones, who are now a genuine possibility given their touring plans next year.

I couldn't agree more, AP. Yea Deadmau5 may have been a party. But a concert? Come on. Maybe I'm just to old (21) but I for sure don't find any joy watching an artist like Deadmau5 going down from his mixingdesk to the front of the stage while the music is still playing. Actually I will say it sucks big time and is not worthy on the biggest stage in nothern EU.
Written on: 21.07.2011 22:46
AP wrote:

WORD!!!
Written on: 21.07.2011 22:47
weiss wrote:

AP wrote:

I couldn't agree more, AP. Yea Deadmau5 may have been a party. But a concert? Come on. Maybe I'm just to old (21) but I for sure don't find any joy watching an artist like Deadmau5 going down from his mixingdesk to the front of the stage while the music is still playing. Actually I will say it sucks big time and is not worthy on the biggest stage in nothern EU.

WORD #2!!

I dream of The Black Keys at Orange. That would have been fucking brilliant, blues, rock, hippie

guitar solos!!

icon_smile.gif

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…