D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29 June to 6 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Wishlist 2012

Written on: 21.07.2011 23:03
weiss
Mr Wu wrote:

weiss wrote:

AP wrote:

To much rock! The kids don't like rock and roll according to Espen and co icon_wink.gif

I think it's interesting Esben says that, and yet the large majority of requests year after year are centered around rock names. Nothing good would come out of bolstering the teenage techno line-up, especially with these ambiguous new green/trash policies in mind. I refuse to believe that the festival genuinely wants more under-18s to be blasting music from The Voice in their camps, or more well-groomed, trendy hipsters coming to see bands that are so obscure they don't even exist yet.

It is no secret that it has been the big rock acts year after year that have put on some of the best performances at Roskilde Festival, whilst generic techno/dubstep acts have been able to do little else than create the illusion of a good show under the guise of said teenagers and hipsters having a good party in front of the stage. The festival will not even sell half its tickets if they fail to bring in a couple of timeless, huge rock bands like, say, Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Tool, or indeed The Rolling Stones, who are now a genuine possibility given their touring plans next year.

I couldn't agree more, AP. Yea Deadmau5 may have been a party. But a concert? Come on. Maybe I'm just to old (21) but I for sure don't find any joy watching an artist like Deadmau5 going down from his mixingdesk to the front of the stage while the music is still playing. Actually I will say it sucks big time and is not worthy on the biggest stage in nothern EU.

WORD #2!!

I dream of The Black Keys at Orange. That would have been fucking brilliant, blues, rock, hippie

guitar solos!!

icon_smile.gif

yea but lets see icon_smile.gif If they want younger bands then maybe we should look out for bands like Avenged Sevenfold and stuff like that. One can only be surprised when next years program will be released. That is in a good or a bad way..

Now I will do my countdown for this years Wacken. Only 14 days to go for the greatest rock/metal line up any festival has presented this year.

guitar solos!!
Written on: 22.07.2011 00:27
AC/DC
Foo Fighters and Metallica
Written on: 22.07.2011 11:11
satan44
weiss wrote:

AP wrote:

To much rock! The kids don't like rock and roll according to Espen and co icon_wink.gif

I think it's interesting Esben says that, and yet the large majority of requests year after year are centered around rock names. Nothing good would come out of bolstering the teenage techno line-up, especially with these ambiguous new green/trash policies in mind. I refuse to believe that the festival genuinely wants more under-18s to be blasting music from The Voice in their camps, or more well-groomed, trendy hipsters coming to see bands that are so obscure they don't even exist yet.

It is no secret that it has been the big rock acts year after year that have put on some of the best performances at Roskilde Festival, whilst generic techno/dubstep acts have been able to do little else than create the illusion of a good show under the guise of said teenagers and hipsters having a good party in front of the stage. The festival will not even sell half its tickets if they fail to bring in a couple of timeless, huge rock bands like, say, Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Tool, or indeed The Rolling Stones, who are now a genuine possibility given their touring plans next year.

I couldn't agree more, AP. Yea Deadmau5 may have been a party. But a concert? Come on. Maybe I'm just to old (21) but I for sure don't find any joy watching an artist like Deadmau5 going down from his mixingdesk to the front of the stage while the music is still playing. Actually I will say it sucks big time and is not worthy on the biggest stage in nothern EU.

Couldn´t agree more.
Written on: 22.07.2011 14:51
Classic rock dude!
satan44 wrote:

weiss wrote:

AP wrote:

Couldn´t agree more.

I couldn't agree more, that you couldn't agree more icon_wink.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 22.07.2011 at 14:53.]
Written on: 22.07.2011 15:48
AP

WORD #2!!

I dream of The Black Keys at Orange. That would have been fucking brilliant, blues, rock, hippie

guitar solos!!

icon_smile.gif

Speaking of guitar solos, anyone remember Dave Grohl's running up the center gap between the pits, up to the sound tower, climbing it, and playing a guitar solos from the top of it in 2005? That was a good show... Not quite the same as a DJ walking to the front of the stage and pumping his fist in the air.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 22.07.2011 at 15:49.]
Written on: 24.07.2011 22:47
Danni
Graveyard
Daft Punk
Sleep
Kyuss Lives
Foo Fighters
Tool
Blood Ceremony
Soundgarden
Black Mountain

Thoose are a few bands id love to see
Written on: 25.07.2011 09:20
Ingwer Boysen
Melvins
Queens Of The Stone Age
Tool
Black Mountain
Monster Magnet
The Black Angels
Kasabian
Red Fang
Riotgod
Seventh Void
Kyuss Lives
Butthole Surfers
Massive Attack
Rammstein
Rob Zombie

Written on: 27.07.2011 12:20
skallgrimsson
David Bowie
Björk
Metallica
Foo Fighters
Daft Punk
Joan Jett
In Flames
The Black Keys
Kyuss Lives
Massive Attack
Tool
Megadeth
Soundgarden
Skrillex
Jesu
Alcest
Dinosaur Jr
Written on: 28.07.2011 11:15
Jonas Binder
Björk - Could very well happen (New album in a month, and long time since last RF concert.)
The Black Keys - MUST HAPPEN. They really have to come.
Arcade Fire - They forgot about them this year (and 2010..) its time.
Foo Fighters - They forgot about Foo Fighters this year, now its time
Beirut - New album and long time since they last played RF.
Bon Iver - Could very well happen, would be great.
Fleet Foxes - Maybe? Would be nice.

Come on Roskilde, book some of them. (hint: all of them)

Written on: 29.07.2011 00:10
Limabeancross
Jonas Binder wrote:

Björk - Could very well happen (New album in a month, and long time since last RF concert.)

100% agree with all of these! We need names like these next year for a strong lineup!

Edit: And I do mean all of these names, not just 1 or 2 which is the kind of pattern we've seen over the last couple of years.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 29.07.2011 at 00:12.]
Written on: 29.07.2011 00:22
Jonas Binder
LiamC wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

100% agree with all of these! We need names like these next year for a strong lineup!

Edit: And I do mean all of these names, not just 1 or 2 which is the kind of pattern we've seen over the last couple of years.

Exactly!
If we could get all these, the lineup would be freakin amazing.
A lot of different genres; Electronic, Folk, Balkan, Rock, Indie-rock.
Bands that can fill up Orange Stage, bands to Arena, bands to Cosmopol.
Give us all them!
Written on: 31.07.2011 17:37
Norup84
Biggest wish as always:

Incubus.
Written on: 03.08.2011 10:14
Law Abiding Citizen
Jeff Mangum from Neutral Milk Hotel (he is planning a europe-tour in 2012)
Poul Krebs (I'm serious, he's brilliant)
Written on: 03.08.2011 11:03
Nayeli Liuye
David bowie

Ray Lynch

Daft Punk

Soundgarden

fleet foxes

MGMT

Written on: 04.08.2011 13:29
Sean Jerome
It would be pretty nice to see Arcade Fire there, I agree with that. Maybe it would be nice to see some up and coming bands like The New Shoes. We will see though...

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 17.02.2014 at 16:09.]
Written on: 04.08.2011 15:18
Thorbjørn
Daft Punk
Radiohead
The Cure
Soundgarden

... That's probably the 4 slightly realistic artists I would love to see.
Written on: 05.08.2011 15:52
Soma
DEVO
Written on: 05.08.2011 18:23
Sjabba
Tool, System of a down and RATM would really make my festival!
Written on: 06.08.2011 10:21
Wallu
Sjabba wrote:

Tool, System of a down and RATM would really make my festival!

Sure. I´ll even settle for one of them.
Written on: 08.08.2011 16:20
Ingwer Boysen
MINISTRY!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_%28band%29#Reunion_.282011.E2.80.932012.29
Written on: 08.08.2011 18:23
arneloggg
Beastie Boys - new album
Metallica
Jay-Z
Malk de Koijn - new album
Madlib/Lootpack
MF DOOM
Red Hot Chili Peppers - new album
Rjd2
The Roots
Wu-tang clan - new album!!!!

Written on: 08.08.2011 18:43
Classic rock dude!
arneloggg wrote:

Beastie Boys - new album
Metallica
Jay-Z
Malk de Koijn - new album
Madlib/Lootpack
MF DOOM
Red Hot Chili Peppers - new album
Rjd2
The Roots
Wu-tang clan - new album!!!!

They don't deserve to play Roskilde. Ever again
Written on: 09.08.2011 21:35
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
More Rock`N`Roll and Metal(including Legendsicon_wink.gif)

My wishlist:

Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster
Wolfmother
Fireball Ministry
The Cult
ASG
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Anthrax
Zeke
Black Spiders
Riverboat Gamblers
The Black Pacific
Rival Sons(Thanks Mr.Wu)
Suicidal Angels
Suicidal Tendencies
Rose Tatoo
Electric Mary
Sasquatch
Mantic Ritual
Dirty Americans
American Bang
Rob Zombie
Van Halen
The Sword
Steel Panther
Puny Human
King Diamond or Mercyful Fate
Cavalera Conspiracy
Entombed
Down
Machine Head
Pitchblack
The Company Band
Artillery
Black Label Society

Horns up, and let`s Rock`N`Roll!!!!
Written on: 09.08.2011 22:03
Lars Aarup
Eminem 'n Nightwish. Vry nice!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 09.08.2011 at 22:04.]
Written on: 10.08.2011 13:22
Anges
Tom Waits!
Radiohead
Fleet Foxes
Animal Collective
Bon Iver

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…