Entrance booking - FAQ
- Why does Roskilde Festival introduce entrance booking?
In recent years we have had great success with entrance booking. It has minimized the long queues and bottlenecks at the entrances on the first day, and the audience has been able to enter the camping areas faster and more smoothly. Therefore we repeat this good solution in 2013.
- How do I book access through an entrance?
When buying your ticket you can choose which entrance you want to book entry through. The entrance booking ticket will be e-mailed to you as a 'Print@home' ticket. You will receive your festival ticket by regular post. You have to bring both tickets to the festival. If you have already bought your festival ticket you can buy your entrance booking ticket in the web shop. You will have to pay a fee of DKK 20 (approx. EUR 3).
- Can I use entrance booking without a festival ticket?
No. Entrance booking is only possible with a valid festival ticket.
- Can I buy a ticket now and do the entrance booking later on?
Yes, if you don’t know yet which entrance you want to use, you can wait until later. But be aware that each entrance has a maximum capacity, so you can risk that an entrance is "sold out".
- Can I change my entrance booking?
It is possible but you have to pay our ticket partner Billetlugen an administrative fee of DKK 20 (approx EUR 3). You will receive a new ’Print@home’ ticket.
- When do the entrances open?
The five entrances open Saturday 29 June at 18:00. You get access to the camp site by showing your valid entrance booking ticket.
- If I use one specific entrance, am I then limited to certain camping areas?
No, once you have entered the campsite you choose your own spot where you want to strike camp.
- What if I show up without my entrance booking ticket?
Then you do not get access to the camp site before everybody with an entrance booking ticket has gotten in. But as your ticket is a 'Print@home' ticket, you can always head for an internet cafe or a library to print a new ticket.
Where are the five entrances?
You can see the location of the five entrances on our <media>map.</media>
- How long is my entrance booking valid?
The booking process is only necessary on the first day of the festival, i.e. from Saturday 29 June at 18:00 to Sunday 30 June at 08:00. Afterwards we reduce the number of entrances to three (entrance Easat, West as well as the entrance by the festival train station), and everybody with a valid festival ticket can get access through all entrances.
- I am a volunteer – do I need to book?
Festival volunteers do not need to book. With your volunteer wristband you can choose any entrance and enter on the same conditions as the paying audience.
- Can I take the train from Roskilde Train Station to the festival station and get access to the camp site from there?
Yes, you can take the train from Roskilde Train Station to the festival station, but you cannot make entrance booking here.
- I arrive after Sunday 30 June at 08:00 – do I need to make an entrance booking?
Entrance booking is only necessary if you want to enter the camp site between Saturday 29 June at 18:00 and Sunday 30 June at 08:00. If you arrive after this period, you can freely choose between all available entrances.
- I have chosen to pay my ticket in instalments - when can I book?
You can book from 1 February, where you pay the first instalment of your ticket. You will automatically receive an e-mail from Billetlugen with detailed instructions.
- I want to buy a Get A Tent, Get A Camp, Get A Place, caravan, Sleep-in-buses or MC ticket. How does entrance booking affect me?
If you buy a Get A Tent, caravan or MC camping ticket, you do not need to make an entrance booking.
- I’ve bought a Get A Tent Uptown add-on ticket. The area doesn’t open until Wednesday – can I enter the festival area before?
To get access you also have to buy a full festival ticket. This gives you access to the festival on equal terms with others, so that you can join the fun from when we open. Please notice, you have to find your own accommodation before Wednesday 3 July when the Get A Tent Uptown area opens.
- I have a question that is not answered here. Who do I write?
Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your question is regarding the handling of tickets, we ask you to read Billetlugen's FAQ or to use their contact form