D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

BANDS CONFIRMED AT OTHER FESTIVALS (2012 version)

Written on: 23.01.2012 11:25
Nina Netland
Radiohead is playin at optimusalive in Lisbon, but has no concert on for the dates of Roskilde, GET them to ROSKILDEicon_biggrin.gif!icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 23.01.2012 16:47
Bongo Anders
That is not correct, they will play in Berlin on friday and saturday but they could def. close Orange on sunday.

Written on: 23.01.2012 20:49
anno
first bands announced for the worlds most cozy festival, OFF:
- Iggy And The Stooges
- Suicide
- Death in Vegas
- Black Face
- Iceage
- Colin Stetson
Written on: 23.01.2012 23:35
AC/DC
Rock Werchter
THE CURE, ELBOW, SNOW PATROL, dEUS, BLINK-182, KASABIAN, DEADMAU5, SKRILLEX, GARBAGE, KATY B, BEIRUT, DJ FRESH presents FRESH/LIVE, WOLFMOTHER, WIZ KHALIFA, KATZENJAMMER and X!
Written on: 23.01.2012 23:40
Rockman
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE GET WOLFMOTHER!!!! IT WOULD BE AN ABSOLUTELY FUCKING FANTASTIC BOOKING!!!
Written on: 24.01.2012 00:39
I Like Turtles
AC/DC wrote:

Rock Werchter
THE CURE, ELBOW, SNOW PATROL, dEUS, BLINK-182, KASABIAN, DEADMAU5, SKRILLEX, GARBAGE, KATY B, BEIRUT, DJ FRESH presents FRESH/LIVE, WOLFMOTHER, WIZ KHALIFA, KATZENJAMMER and X!

As always Roskilde share many names with Roskilde. Wolfmother, Blink-182 and Garbage seems like obvious and rather cheap headliners. Think Roskilde have used a lot of money on the three headliners so far, so maybe some of these could be the 'Jack Johnson-Nephew-M.I.A.-PJ Harvej-Mastodon' of 2012. Wouldn't mind seeing them though
Written on: 24.01.2012 00:51
AC/DC
I Like Turtles wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Rock Werchter

As always Roskilde share many names with Roskilde. Wolfmother, Blink-182 and Garbage seems like obvious and rather cheap headliners. Think Roskilde have used a lot of money on the three headliners so far, so maybe some of these could be the 'Jack Johnson-Nephew-M.I.A.-PJ Harvej-Mastodon' of 2012. Wouldn't mind seeing them though

But i it will be more headliners and there has always been big names at Roskilde icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 24.01.2012 10:08
Unison
made such the right choice choosing roskilde over werchter. Been to werchter last 2 years and fancied a change, proven right as apart from the cure werchter lineup doesnt do it for me.

Out of the lineup the bands id liek to see at roskilde would be elbow and florence.
Written on: 24.01.2012 12:30
Martin Horn Pedersen
Garbage (US), Kasabian (UK) and Dúné have been booked for Northside
Written on: 26.01.2012 12:03
kekkonen
KYUSS LIVES just confirmed to Finland's provinssirock, festival is due to 2 weeks earlier than Roskilde so there is good change that they will perform also in here icon_cool.gif
Written on: 26.01.2012 22:33
I Like Turtles
Franz Ferdinand to Open'er Festival in Poland at the same time as Roskilde. Think it's very likely that we'll see them! Great!
Written on: 27.01.2012 12:46
Malte Schmidt
The XX is playing Northside. They're getting some good acts there!
Written on: 27.01.2012 12:49
JockeyFullOfBourbon
kekkonen wrote:

KYUSS LIVES just confirmed to Finland's provinssirock, festival is due to 2 weeks earlier than Roskilde so there is good change that they will perform also in here icon_cool.gif

that would be genius!!!
Written on: 29.01.2012 09:34
ivid
Kong Gulerod wrote:

ivid wrote:

Justice and The xxto Open'er (Poland).

The Flaming Lips and Animal Collective to Colours of Ostrava (Czech Republic).

We won't get Justice as they're playing Northside, but I think The xx is possible. I'd love to see Animal Collective though!

The XX is an obvious booking for 2012. I still can't belive Roskilde didn't book them in 2010.

I will be majorly dissapointed if they are not booked for 2012.

So you probably are dissapointed... Funny thing, Open'er and Roskilde got nearly the same dates, but their acts are rather announced at Northside than here. They've also announced SBTRKT and I've got some hopes he might show up at Roskilde. I know he has played last year (with the Magnetic Man guys?), but it was a DJ set afaik and now he's touring with a live act.

Let's just hope we're gonna get Franz. There's no way Northside is going to get another such a big band.
Written on: 29.01.2012 13:21
Sigurd
AC/DC wrote:

Rock Werchter

DJ Fresh would be great!
Written on: 29.01.2012 14:06
Kong Gulerod
ivid wrote:

So you probably are dissapointed...

I have got a ticket for Nortside so it is not a disaster.

But I consider it to be a major miss by Roskilde not to book The xx.

I would prefer to see The xx at a tent stage on Roskilde over seeing them at an open air stage at Northside any day. I had been looking forward to seeing The xx at Arena in 2012 banghead.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 29.01.2012 at 14:12.]
Written on: 29.01.2012 17:03
Lord Beef Jerky
Animal Collective should definitely be booked at Roskilde 2012... they've been high on people's wish lists for several years now, and somehow they haven't been booked the previous couple of years. Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing Elbow and The Flaming Lips again, but I'm not so sure about those two acts.
Written on: 30.01.2012 13:59
anno
Primavera Sound poster released:
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7459/43052310150621705218156.jpg
Written on: 30.01.2012 16:23
SnilleMikke
Blink is all over at the current dates, it would be awesome having them at orange.. I'd actually be disappointed by the booking crew if they didn't try.
Written on: 30.01.2012 19:30
EmilMark
SnilleMikke wrote:

Blink is all over at the current dates, it would be awesome having them at orange.. I'd actually be disappointed by the booking crew if they didn't try.

I would love blink to play as well!icon_cool.gif
Written on: 30.01.2012 20:22
Classic rock dude!
anno wrote:

Primavera Sound poster released:
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7459/43052310150621705218156.jpg

A few interesting bands these.

Afghan Whigs, obviously.
Atlas Sound
Big Star's Third (if this is Big Star and not someone else. )
Black Lips
Mudhoney (I wanna take you in the mud... honey!)
SBTRKT
White Denim
The xx
The Rapture
Written on: 30.01.2012 20:55
anno
for me personally it's one of the most amazing line ups i've ever seen. i cant wait! icon_biggrin.gif

not counting the more current bands there's a chance to see at your local venue, i especially look forward to:

the big star event (WTF! icon_eek.gif it's obviously not the original line-up since the main forces are dead, but it's definitely the next best thing!!!

‎"Also worth a mention is the project “Big Star’s Third”, in which a band formed especially for the occasion by Jody Stephens (original band member), Mike Mills (REM), Chris Stamey (The Db´s), Ken Stringfellow (Posies), the well known producer Mitch Easter and Brett Harris will tackle Big Star’s thrid album with an extensive list of singers amongst whom Norman Blake (Teenage Fanclub), Ira Kaplan (Yo La Tengo) and Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) have confirmed as of today.

Ahgan Whigs

Chameleons - Another big WTF for me!

Codeine

Jeff Mangum (I finally get to see him! (Come on Roskilde!))

Mazzy Star

Melvins

Mudhoney!!!

The Olivia Tremor Control (Gonna be amazing, they've made one of my top 3 favorite albums ever)

The Pop Group! (WTF)

Sleep

Sleepy Sun

The Oh Sees

The Wedding Present

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 30.01.2012 at 21:02.]
Written on: 02.02.2012 14:00
Emil Asbjørn Madsen
M83 has just been announced to play at Hovefestival in Norway between June 26. - 29.
Written on: 03.02.2012 13:31
Kristoffer Lövgren
Jack White performs at Radio 1's Hackney Weekend 2012 in England 23-24 June

Boooooook him!
Written on: 03.02.2012 15:24
skallgrimsson
No Alex Chilton=No Big Star
Chilton wrote all the songs (more or less) on Third

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...