D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Closed topic

[Closed] Malk De Koijn


Author Message
Written on: 02.04.2012 22:24
Sanne
Posts: 4
Sådan må det bare være.
Written on: 03.04.2012 10:08
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
They are playing at Store Vega the same day/night as the big announcement (19. april).
Coincidence? I think not.
Written on: 03.04.2012 10:18
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Jonas Binder wrote:

They are playing at Store Vega the same day/night as the big announcement (19. april).
Coincidence? I think not.


I think you're reading too much into that. They are also playing the third and fourth biggest festivals in DK, so they aren't exactly massively "fresh and new" in a festival context anymore.
Written on: 03.04.2012 22:58
Stand up for rock n' roll!
Posts: 488
i do think however, that they could easily attract some people, furthermore at least the locals (such as myself) dont want to travel all the way to skive etc.. but i dunno
Written on: 13.04.2012 17:32
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

They are playing at Store Vega the same day/night as the big announcement (19. april).
Coincidence? I think not.


I think you're reading too much into that. They are also playing the third and fourth biggest festivals in DK, so they aren't exactly massively "fresh and new" in a festival context anymore.


What did you say, Mister? icon_wink.gif
Malk De Koijn at Orange Stage.
Written on: 13.04.2012 17:32
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Yeah, I'll luckily have to eat my words icon_smile.gif
Written on: 14.04.2012 10:04
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
Coldblooded wrote:

Yeah, I'll luckily have to eat my words icon_smile.gif


Yes you have!
Well, it was a lucky guess from me!

I think it was meant to be that Malk would play Roskilde. But that the announcement was set to be 19th april - no one knew!

But I'm happy that we have Malk on the poster! Danish hiphop-headliner, and a Danish rock-headliner (Mew, maybe??). Thats great for Danish music I think.
Written on: 14.04.2012 11:20
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Jonas Binder wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Yeah, I'll luckily have to eat my words icon_smile.gif


Yes you have!
Well, it was a lucky guess from me!

I think it was meant to be that Malk would play Roskilde. But that the announcement was set to be 19th april - no one knew!

But I'm happy that we have Malk on the poster! Danish hiphop-headliner, and a Danish rock-headliner (Mew, maybe??). Thats great for Danish music I think.

They will both subheadline at least. I think Malk has a better shot at headlining than Mew. They hold the record for the biggest audience at the Arena stage, while Mew, when they played there, filled the tent well and that was about it...
Written on: 14.04.2012 12:02
Så scorede Lyngby sgu!
Posts: 633
Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Yeah, I'll luckily have to eat my words icon_smile.gif


Yes you have!
Well, it was a lucky guess from me!

I think it was meant to be that Malk would play Roskilde. But that the announcement was set to be 19th april - no one knew!

But I'm happy that we have Malk on the poster! Danish hiphop-headliner, and a Danish rock-headliner (Mew, maybe??). Thats great for Danish music I think.

They will both subheadline at least. I think Malk has a better shot at headlining than Mew. They hold the record for the biggest audience at the Arena stage, while Mew, when they played there, filled the tent well and that was about it...


Sure about that? With acts as Cohen, Sting and Costello having played there?
Written on: 14.04.2012 12:19
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Så scorede Lyngby sgu! wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Yeah, I'll luckily have to eat my words icon_smile.gif


Yes you have!
Well, it was a lucky guess from me!

I think it was meant to be that Malk would play Roskilde. But that the announcement was set to be 19th april - no one knew!

But I'm happy that we have Malk on the poster! Danish hiphop-headliner, and a Danish rock-headliner (Mew, maybe??). Thats great for Danish music I think.

They will both subheadline at least. I think Malk has a better shot at headlining than Mew. They hold the record for the biggest audience at the Arena stage, while Mew, when they played there, filled the tent well and that was about it...


Sure about that? With acts as Cohen, Sting and Costello having played there?

You're asking about how sure I am on Malk's record? I am pretty sure, but maybe some of the veterans could shed some light on that.

Cohen was in '88, so was Sting. Elvis Costello was in '94. In 1988 the festival in its entirety was only about half or 2/3 of the size it was today, so I imagine the turnout at a stage like Arena (back then called Green and in a smaller tent than now) also being lower. In '94 there might have been a bigger chance that Costello could have drawn more people to the tent than Malk in 2009. Nevertheless, I expect that Malk will have to play the Orange Stage, simply to avoid seriously dangerous situations with regards to crowd congestion and safety.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 14.04.2012 at 12:19.]

Only administrators can answer to this topic
E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...